Chapter 3 - Bonding

Me: Welcome back!

Anya: What's welcoming about it?

Me: Well..... I have snacks.

Bolin: Oooh! I'll take some of those!

Me: How did you get here?

Bolin: I heard snacks, and here I am.

Me: Well, since you're here you can do the disclaimer.

Bolin: (Through mouthful of food) She doesn't own anything but the storyline and her OC!

"I'm going to work." Tenzin said, getting ready to leave Air Temple Island. "Don't destroy the house while I'm gone." "Bye dad!" Rohan, Ikki, Jinora, and Meelo exclaimed, hugging their dad. Anya stayed back and simply waved. "Be careful." Pema said, kissing her husband goodbye. Tenzin looked at Anya before leaving.
That night, after dinner, Pema was looking at Tenzin as he got ready for bed. "I can't take that." Tenzin said as he pulled his pajama shirt on. "Can't take what?" Pema asked innocently. "You've been staring at me since I got home." Tenzin replied. "If you've got something to say to me then say it." "It's about Anya." Pema said. Tenzin immediately groaned. "I told you back then what happened, you knew about her. I just happened to run into her again, and I wasn't going to just sit back while one of my children was out on the street!" He explained. "I know all of that." Pema said. "And I'm glad you took her in." "Then what's this about?" Tenzin questioned. "You were upset when she didn't hug you goodbye this morning." Pema answered. "She doesn't remember me." Tenzin said. "She doesn't see me as her dad." "That's what this is about." Pema told her husband. "You need to bond with her. Let her know that you care." Tenzin sighed, but agreed, and went to bed.
"Going to work Daddy?" Ikki asked after breakfast. "No," Tenzin replied, "but I am leaving." "Where you going?" Meelo asked. "Can I come?" "No." Tenzin told him. "It's business." "Anya!" Tenzin called. "What're you calling her for?" Ikki asked. Anya appeared in the doorway a few seconds later. "Ready to go?" Tenzin asked. She nodded. "Hey!" Meelo exclaimed. "I thought you said it was business!" "It is. It's my business, not yours." Tenzin replied. With that, Tenzin and Anya left.
Tenzin sat up front on Oogi while Anya sat in the back. "Ever been on a flying bison before?" Tenzin asked. Anya shook her head. "How much do you actually know about the Airbenders?" Tenzin asked. "Not much." Anya said simply. "I stopped going to school when I was 9 years old. I was still learning about the Fire Nation." "Is there anything you want to know?" Tenzin asked. "Well, you're Aang's son, right?" Anya questioned. Tenzin nodded. "So he told you all about him saving the world with Toph and your mom and Zuko, right?" Tenzin nodded again. "So what happened to Zuko's mom?" Anya questioned. Tenzin chuckled. "Everyone always wants to know that." He said. "It's a long story......"

     Half an hour later, Tenzin and Anya were sitting in what appeared to be an empty desert. There were about twenty holes in the ground. "There's nothing out here." Anya stated. "What're we doing?" "Shhhh." Tenzin said, pulling something out of his pocket. Anya realized it was a flute. "Watch." Tenzin sat down in the middle of the group of holes and played a note on the flute. Anya was just about to ask what the point was, when a creature popped out of one of the holes and sang the same note. "Woah." Anya said, sitting down. "My father used to take me and my siblings here when we were younger." Tenzin told her. He played three more notes on the flute and three more creatures popped out of their holes and sang the notes, then immediately retreated back in. "They're called singing groundhogs." Tenzin said. "They learn to mimic notes like this almost immediately after birth. They can sing higher notes depending on how early they learn." Tenzin played a really high note on the flute. A small singing groundhog popped out of a hole and sand the note with perfect pitch. This singing groundhog, however, didn't retreat back into its hole. It climbed out of its hole and walked up to Anya, sniffing her hand. "I've never seen a singing groundhog approach a human like that." Tenzin said in shock. "That's amazing." The singing groundhog crawled up Anya's arm and onto her shoulder. It got comfortable on her shoulder, and didn't move after that. "Come on little guy." Anya said, picking the groundhog up and placing it on the ground. "You have to stay here. This is your home." As soon as Anya let go of the groundhog it ran back up her arm and onto her shoulder again. Tenzin chuckled. "It looks like you've got a new pet." He said. "I can keep him?" Anya asked. Tenzin nodded. "Now come on," the man instructed. "It's almost time for lunch, and there's someone I want you to meet."
   "Where are we going?" Anya asked. "It looks like we're headed back to Republic City." "That's because we are." Tenzin replied. "We're headed to a specific place in Republic City." Tenzin brought Anya to the very heart of Republic City- to the spirit portal. "We're going to the spirit world?" Anya asked. "To meet a very special person." Tenzin replied. "I think you'll like him." "Who is it?" Anya questioned. "I'll give you a hint." Tenzin told her. "He's fire nation too."

Me: Any guesses as to who they're going to meet?

Anya: It's pretty obvious.

Me: Well some people might not know! Anyway please comment if you enjoyed and I'll see you all next time! Bye guys!