Chapter 25 - Negotiations

After getting up, Anya found out she had been taken to a local hospital.

She walked around town for a while with Jinora.

It seemed like people were happy with their living arrangements.

"We don't have to change the entire system." Anya said. "Just do some editing."

"I think we can change the world with this." Jinora replied.

"We can't take over." Anya added. "Only with places that will agree with it."

Meanwhile, Tenzin, Bolin, And Mako, were questioning some of Zaion's higher officers.

"What are the qualifications for being "perfect", according to Zaion's standards?" Tenzin asked.

"We don't have to tell you anything." One replied.

"If you refuse to help, we'll have you imprisoned." Mako said. "I'm a cop, you know."

"There are no prisons here." Another officer spat. "They're not needed."

"It won't take very long to build one." Bolin bragged. "With my earthbending ability, it would take us, oh I'd say an hour. Maybe two."

"You wouldn't like to spend your life in prison would you?" Tenzin provoked.

The third officer remained quiet. Mako turned to him.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?"

The officer sighed. "I've always hated Zaion." He said quietly. "I could tell from the moment I started working here there was something... off about him. But you won't get anything out of anyone else. They're too loyal. They'll defend him until the day they die."

"Well," Bolin started. "What can you tell us?"

"The most valuable information of all." He said. "I can give you dirt on Arthur Gibbons."

When they got back to the Healing Isles, Mako relayed the information they had received on Arthur Gibbons.

"He has a four year old daughter." He explained. "The mother died in childbirth. If we can get to her, we can persuade Gibbons into coming forward."

"And he knows where the imperfects are." Anya realized. "I like this plan."

"Woah." Korra interrupted. "We're not seriously talking about kidnapping a child."

"Not kidnapping." Jinora replied. "We just have to show Gibbons that we're with her."

"We can threaten him." Bolin said. "Empty threats of course."

"We need to find the imprisoned people." Milo added. "And we need to do it soon."

They sent the message out any way they could.

It started as a small gossip, then spread into a massive rumor.

It didn't take long for Gibbons to return to town, wondering what item of his the group had.

"So, what is it?" Gibbons asked with a sneer.

"Would you happen to know her?" Tenzin asked.

He motioned over to the doorway where a one way glass was put up.

They could see in, but the people inside couldn't see out.

Anya and Jinora were sitting behind the glass, playing with a small child, who looked very happy.

"Bex." Gibbons realized. "Unhand my daughter!"

"No harm will come to her." Tenzin tempted. "As long as you agree to a few conditions."

Arthur Gibbons agreed to living in prison, as long as he could see his daughter four times a week.

Supervised of course.

He gave up the locations of all of his officers, and most importantly, the whereabouts of the "imperfects".

Me: Hey guys I know this is super short but I feel like this is a good place to stop.

Anya: Really? Only 500 words?

Me: Yes. Unless you want everyone to wait another two months for an update.

Anya: No thanks. Continue.

Me: I'll try to post again sometime within the next two weeks. Please comment if you enjoyed!