The World Is Ugly (My Chemical Romance Fan Fic)

Ray... Ray"! I scream to my brother from the bottom floor. He's probably reading comics or playing his guitar.

"Ray please come down, I'm leaving to go to college soon. Seriously, Sam will be here any minute now," I yell lying about Sam soon arrival, a few minutes later.

I hear the sound of a horrifying note begin played on a guitar, followed by an amp being brutally unplugged. Not long after I see a big bundle of fro racing down the stairs, still holding a sheet of guitar tabs. He looks around in search of Sam, suddenly his face changes from a my-sister-is-going-away-to-college-and-she-didn't-tell-me expression to a not very impressed one.

"You're not leaving Rose and I'm guessing that Sam isn't even coming?" asked Ray.

I shuffle around a bit and mumble,"Yeah I am leaving...can you help me pack some boxes?"

"Wait you are leaving?!?' Ray asking making me feel bad that I didn't tell him.

"Yeah, I'm going to the School of Visual Arts in New York."

"I'm guessing mum and Dad don't know," he says as he looks around.

I look around hopping they aren't coming back from their shopping trip. "Ray, if I don't go now then I will never be able to go and you know how they are not supportive of me and you're like their golden child. They adore you and I'm just the other sibling." I say and take a deep breath hoping that Ray will understand.

"Quick lets go get the boxes, before they come back,"he says quickly and heads inside.

I walk into my room and grab my guitar and my drum pad. I always want to play guitar, even though, my parents aren't fond of me having similar hobbies as Ray. Ray begs to differ, he doesn't agree with them at all on that point, and so he gave me his old guitar, because of course, my parents bought him a new one. My parents seem to buy him something new every week!

We begin to feel trapped in an awkward silence, and I was trying desperately to think of something to say. I pull my clothes out, shove them in a box, and check the now empty draw to see if I have missed anything. My hand skims across ruff material and I grab onto it, pulling it towards me. I pull it out of the draw and dust it  off. I realise it's Ray's old blanket that our grandma made for him when he was younger.

"Hey look what I found. What was its name again? Blankie? Ray you're so creative" I say giggling at him while he looks at me unamused. "Give it to me" Ray says grabbing it out of my hand. He opens his arms and gives me an awkward sibling hug.

We walk downstairs togther with all of my crap and I place all of my junk on the porch of my house and sit down on the front door step. The sun blinds my eyes and I sheld my face using my hand.

Ray walks inside and trudges up to his room. He must already reading his comic book, but to my surprise he walks down the stairs and says "Close your eyes and put out your hands, but be ready for something light but heavier than a book". I close my eyes and put out my hands as instructed and feel a case dropped in my hand.

"Open" Ray says and I open my eyes to his command. Look down at a guitar case and I open it. To see his beautiful white Stratocaster that he named 'Ghost'.

"Ray," I breathe "You don't have to give me your guitar, Mum and Dad will kill you." I say and look up at him. "I want you to have it I've been thinking about you leaving for a while and I don't even know where you're going and I know you I give you tons of my stuff, but if you leave and never come back then I just want something that you can remember me by." He finishes, taking a breath. He looks into my eyes and gives me a puppy dog face, I really hate it when he does that. I look down at his perfect white Stratocaster by Fender.

"Thanks." I mumble pulling Ray into a hug.

While Sam's car comes around the corner we pick up some boxes and start putting them into the trunk and the back seat. Ray goes and gets the last box full of my special stuff and starts walking towards me but trips over the tiniest pebble. I watch as my box falls open and reveals my blades.

My mouth drops and I hurry to pick them up while Sam is in a mind of his own listening to Green Day.

"Rose"! Ray says before I jump into the car and Sam speeds off.

I look back at my brothers face remembering every detail because I doubt I'll be coming back to this hell hole. His tall figure stands on the curb of the road watching Sam's car. Hands rubbing together, something he does when hes nervous or worried. His curly afro slowly moves back and forward in the wind. 

His Maiden shirt perfectly fits him as our mum most likely shrunk it in the wash. Being a housewife wasnt always her thing, being an asshole was.

I wave and he returns it before I look forward to the road and get comfy for the long ride. 

Right i know that chapter sucks and it isnt very long but if you keep reading the chapers get much longer and alot better. This is my first fan fic so the first few chapter are not so good as the other ones. But please give it a chance