Snow Days

I wake up in the morning on the floor with the blankets everywhere. I get up off the floor and walk into the kitchen. I begin making a pot of coffee and Sam walks out ruffling his hair. He looks up at me and stop walking and starts running towards me. He bear hugs me and lifts me up and then puts me down.

"Rosie, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I ever got near Mandy. I'm sorry I didn't stop the fight soon enough. I was so blind to the fact that she was a mega bitch, can you forgive me Rose" Sam says looking me in the eye. I nod and he pulls me into another bear hug, "are you and Gerard okay"? He asks me and I shrug saying "well he relapsed with the alcohol two days ago. He's been really pale after all of it and hasn't really talk to me but I guess that because of the incident". He lifts up his eyebrows eye asking me to continue but I shake my head and look at the ground.

"I'm going to get changed, I don't have class to about 1. Do you want to do something"? I ask walking back into my room and getting dressed in a floral dress with stocking to protect myself from the cold autumn. I quickly brush my teeth, my teeth and walk back out to Sam. "Do you need food before we go"? He asks and I shake my head but grab an apple for the food I am going to eat today.

We walk out and I ask him what we are doing. "Paint fight" he replies simply. I watch Sam as he pulls out his phone and texts Cleo where to meet us. We begin to walk down the stairs but Sam runs ahead forcing me to run after him.

As we stop in front of an empty class room we see Cleo walk over to us with another girl but she stops and walks into a different class room. I smile through my panting breaths. Sam yanks open the class room door and we all step in. I try to open the door that keep all the paints safe but it’s locked. "I brought the key" Cleo says smirking and opens the store room. She grabs 3 large paint brushes, "pick your weapon of choice" she says giving us an evil smirk. I take the one in the middle and dip it in a red paint can.

We all get different colour. Sam has white and Cloe has grass green. I splat my red paint brush at Sam and I watch as it goes across his face. I fake glares at me and tries to get me back but I dodge his white paint. Cleo walks up to me and I frown but before I know it she has whipped her paintbrush down my face.

We throw paint until we are covered. Sam begins to run up to me but before he can reach me he slips and falls on the paint covered floor. I begin laughing loudly and he groins while Cleo sits down next to him.

I walk over to the sink and begin washing the paint off me and my paintbrush. Sam and Cleo join me and soon we turn back to our normal skin colour. We begin washing the floor and I check my watch.

11:46am

"Sam we need to go in about 5 minutes" I say and he nod before saying a quick "goodbye" to Cleo who waves at us while we leave. I walk out and Sam tries to pick some of the paint out of his hair as we walk to our sculpting class.

We open the doors to our class and I get out our clay. I begin shaping the large skull that I have been working on. I mould the shape with my hands and a bit of water to smooth it down. I hollow out the eyes and make the cheekbones more define.

The teacher walks around and helps students out. I pull my phone out and send Gerard a quick text asking where he is. I make the teeth softer and put it in the kiln closing the door. I sit back down in my seat and begin drawing designs on a drawing of my skull. But pack away quickly because the bell rings.