Making connections

I wake up and stretch the best I can for being on the bottom bunk. I hear a stratifying crack and jump out of bed. I open the door to the bathroom and walking inside locking the door behind me. I peel back the curtain and turn the hot on and I quickly remove my hand before the water scolds me. I adjust the taps so it’s hot but not burning. I quickly take off my Marvel shirt and step in as I close the curtain behind me. I grab my bottle of shampoo and I put it in my hair and then I condition the ends. I turn off the water and get dressed, brush my teeth and put my hair in a high pony tail. I begin putting on my makeup and soon enough I poke myself in the eye. "Shit" I mumble to myself making sure I don't wake up Sam he’s lucky enough not to have a class in the morning unlike Gerard and I.

I leave the bathroom and start to make myself some breakfast putting my toast in the toaster I think to myself about yesterday and how good of a day it was. I smile thinking about Gerard and how he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so utterly shocked that he asked me it’s hard to explain how I feel about Gerard but I know I'm lucky to have him.

I nibble on the last bit of my toast before I hear a knock on my room. I walk over finishing my toast and open the door quickly before realizing I have still got the chain attached. I look though the small gap and hear Gerard laughing I clear my throat and say "well at least I'm safe" and then I poke my tongue out before taking the chain off.

He asks if I'm all ready to go to class and I nod while he takes my hand. We head towards the stairs but Gerard picks me up and slings me over his shoulder. I laugh and tell him to put me down but he starts to run down the stairs. I grip onto his leather jacket to the best of my abilities and yell "Gerard Way you are a lolly pop dipped in triple psych". He laughs, puts me down and says "how am a lolly pop”? I shrug and reply back saying "Well you are fun, everyone likes you but you’re not really a physio you just like psychotic things and I'm just a complete bad ass". He looks at me and say "Rose how are you a bad ass"? I giggle and say "I like to drink water to surprise my liver". We both laugh and move to our class and take a seat.

Mrs. Weaver walks in and drops all of her paper on her desk and then claps her hands getting everyone’s attention. She walks into the middle of our class room with her heels clicking to the rhythm of a student’s pen.

"Right class". Your first assignment has come in, this assignment will look at connects and you will need to make a photo of your connect with your partner and then turn it into a painting. When you turn it into a painting you can use any style so feel free to show off and get creative. I really want you all to try and get on a personal level! Alright you can start planning this lesion" she says walking back to her desk before typing away on her computer.

Gerard puts his hand on my leg, I look at him and he says "Rose do you want to work with me"? I nod and grab some paper out of my bag and I ask Gerard if he any ideas on what we could do.

"I think Frank has a Polaroid camera and I think it would be really cool if we just take random pictures and see how we go. I think it will turn out better if we don’t plan it just make it natural". I nod in agreement. The bell rings and Gerard give me a kiss before I move onto my next class of photography and then drawing.

The bell rings again I mentally award myself for getting though all of those classes. I pull out my phone and just as I do that I receive a text from Sam telling me he’s going out with the girl. I shake my head as I put it back into bag. I turn toward my dorm remembering I have to call a removal company to ask them when my bed is coming. I swear if I have to share a room with Sam anymore I will suffocate myself with sticky notes.