Vase Fight

I wake up and life my head up from the couch and grab it in pain from sleeping on it badly. I shake my head attempting to wake myself up. Memories from last night's party come flooding back to me and I place my head in my hands. I hear someone emerge from Sam's room and I grunt taking my head out of my hands.

"Oh it's you." Mandy says pulling her hair around her finger. "No wonder you guys aren't sleeping together. I mean I wouldn't get anywhere with a face and body like that. Why don't you try to lose some weight, emo" she says stomping her foot on the floor and walking back into Sam's room. I try my best not to let her get to my head although I fail. I stand up and knock on my room.

I hear Gerard grunt from my room and I open the door. I scrunch up my nose at the smell of vomit but push past it and grab the bucket. I take it into the bathroom and I empty it out before returning it to Gerard how looks like he's about to cry. I sit down on my bed and move over toward Gerard.

"Was I bad?" he asks referring to last night. I nod my head and he looks down at the bed sheets embarrassed. I run my hand over his hands unsure on what to say. He puts his hand on my hip and I flinch feeling the pain run up my body. "What happened" Gerard asks and I shake my head saying "it's nothing. I say pulling my shirt down but Gerard captures the hem and pulls my shirt up a bit showing the bruise.

"Oh, Rose I'm so sorry I forgot about this" he whispers sadly running his hand over it gently. "Its fine" I say quickly tugging my shirt down and walking away from Gerard. He stands up to walk after me but hold his head from the pain on the hangover.

I begin making breakfast for Gerard and crack an egg into a frying pan. I put two pieces of toast into the toaster. I hear the egg sizzle; I take the egg off the hot pan and put it on the plate. I hear the toast 'Bing' and I place it on the plate making a sandwich with the egg. I open the cupboard and get a crystal clean glass which I fill up with water and put two Advil tablet on the plate.

I pick Gerard's breakfast up and go to open the door but he comes stumbling out. I smile weakly at Gerard and hand him his plate of breakfast. He takes it and goes, sits down on the couch and starts to eat it slowly.

"I'm so sorry Rose I didn't mean to hurt you -" Gerard says but I cut him off saying quietly "its okay Gee". He shakes his head and his raven hair falls in front of his face. "Can I see what I've done"? He asks and I walk up to him, he lifts up shirt and I hold my pajama pants down a bit. I look down at my own skin to see that it has turned a yellow/blue colour. Gerard try's his best to run his hand gently across the skin but I pull away quickly due to the pain that ripples though.

"I'm so sorry Rose, Rosie I'm sorry. I just going to go" Gerard stutters before running out of my room. I sit down on my beaten up couch and I begin to cry. I keep my sobs quiet; I feel my body shake up and down. 'Stop crying. He didn't mean to hurt you.' I tell myself over and over again, I eventually do and it walk to the bathroom and wash my face with cold water.

I get dressed and walk to my first class which happens to be with Gerard. I look over at him and he averts his eyes so he is looking at Mrs. Weaver. I sigh and sit down next to him since it's the only seat left in the class. I look over at Gerard from the corner of my eye and he looks pale. He looks like he's lost blood but it's mostly likely from the hangover.

"Gee, are you okay?" I ask worried but he just shrugs and starts painting. I work on my project and do the final sketches of Gerard and me. I stop sketching on the canvas and I start looking at the picture held up next to the canvas. I feel a wave of sadness come over me and I reach over to Gerard's hand. We sit like that for a minute or two before I say "I'm sorry Gee. This was my fault I never should have taken you to that party, I should of looked for you sooner, I should of stuck with you. I'm sorry Gee". I stand up from my seat and grab my pencil sharpener and run to the bathroom.