BBQ, protectors and snapping

~~~~Sora's pov~~~~

We were on our way home after we completed the mission, and we were coming up to the villages gates, we now had to go to the hokage to report how the mission went.

"Hey Sora when we are done giving the hokage our report we should go get something to eat."

i nodded at them and we all quickly ran to the hokages office.

~~~~time skip~~~~

"And that concludes our report" i finished.

"very well done you three, you may leave now, and Ibiki i wish for you to stay." The old man said.

We all left, and were heading to get some food.

~~~~Hokage's pov~~~~

Ibiki stood in front of me, i asked him to stay back, because there has seem to be a change in Sora and i wanted to know if he knew why. Also i could tell he wanted to tell me something.

"Ibiki something seems to have to changed with Sora do you know why?" I asked.

"I believe she and the other two have bonded a lot on this mission, and in the subject of Sora i have some concerns" Ibiki said.

"go on"

"well during the mission her and Aisura had a mini argument."

"about what!?"

Ibiki told me about the whole thing that happened while they were going to the village. I wasn't to shocked, i had my suspicions, but i had no proof to back it up. but after hearing this i am now certain Sora does cut or at least has cut. I was concerned but i do believe her teammates will help her through it, and if they are not enough i will definitely step in. It hurt to know Sora has been through so much pain, I consider her my own child. But i know she is strong and will survive.

~~~~Sora's pov~~~~

We decided to go get some BBQ, we were heading there, and i had pinpointed Sakuras chakra and was keeping tabs on that, so i would be prepared if she showed up, but she not very close now, thank kami. we walked into the BBQ place and were about to take a seat in till we heard a voice.

"oh hey guys, long time no see." i looked up to see Shikamaru, Choji the one who said hi, and who i presume to be their sensei.

"oh hey guys it's nice to see you, what are you doing here?" Aisura asked

"We trained today and Asuma sensei said if we train he would treat us to as much BBQ as we want, but Ino bailed, why are you guys here?" Choji said.

"we'er here because we just came home from a mission a decided to get food." Shenshi said.

"really then why don't you join use, i'm paying" the jounin said.

i started walking away, however my friends pulled me back and made me sit next to Shikamaru who was sitting next to the jounin while they sat together with Choji.

"we would love to join you, thank you." Aisura said.

i gave a groan. i really didn't want to eat with anyone other than my teammates. Some meat came and my friends and Choji dag in, while Shikamaru and Asuma took one here and there. but i didn't eat anything, i wasn't comfortable eating in front of people i didn't really know. I felt someones eyes on me and i looked up to see Shikamaru looking at me, with bored eyes.

i looked away from him, then i saw him doing something, and looked up and saw him grabbing some meat and putting on a small plate for me. I gave a sigh but decided to eat, but because the whole world is against me, Sakura showed up.

"oh look who it is, the fat, unwanted cow." She said with venom in her voice.

My teammates were about beat her up, but i made them sit down, they gave a low growl and glared daggers, that's when i realised Choji was glaring daggers at her as well and Shikamaru had nearly unnoticeable aggression in his eyes.

"why do you two even care about her, i mean come on, her own parents abandoned her, they probably hated her with every fibre of their being, and would be happy to see her die." she said.

that was it, i can deal with everything else but bringing up pain from my past like that was enough. I appeared in front of her and held a kunai knife to her neck, and said in a low dangerous voice.

"I have had enough of you, if you decide to piss me off ever again lets just say i won't hold back!" after i said this I left the BBQ place and ran into a field area.

~~~~Shikamaru's pov~~~~

I've never seen Sora snap like that, she always seemed so in control of her emotions, did she lose it because Sakura brought up Sora's family? I looked up to see a stunned Sakura. I got up and decided to go after Sora. I jumped from tree to tree looking for her, what a drag. then i finally spotted her laying down in a field looking at the clouds. I decided to go lay down next to her. When i did lay down next to her she looked at me but said nothing, then continued to look at the sky. i felt her head rest on my arm, i looked at her, and her eyes were full of sadness.

"Hey, Shikamaru have you just ever looked up at the clouds and wished to be up their with them, so you could be free?" she asked in a soft almost inaudible voice.

"yes, many times." i whispered back.

we stayed like that, and after about 20 minutes Sora fell asleep. Looking at her peaceful face i couldn't help but fall asleep as well.

I woke up to a scream. I looked over to see Sora curled up in a little ball crying. I did the first thing that came to mind, and that  was to pull her into a hug, and try to calm her. I stroked her hair, and she started to calm down. When she finally stop i said to her.

"you really are a troublesome women, you know that right." I said in a playful voice.

She gave a small laugh and nodded. The sun was setting, and i thought it was time for us to go home.

"hey Sora you should head home, would you like me to walk you there?" i asked.

she gave a small nod, and we started heading to her place. I have never seen her in such a fragile and pained state. and it hurt to see her like this. What is wrong with my troublesome emotions. This is such a drag.

~~~~Hokages pov~~~~

i was watching Sora and Shikamaru through my crystal ball. I gave a small smile. I've never seen her open up to someone like that. And it seems love is blooming between those two. i gave a laugh at that realisation.