House taken over by rats

"are you kidding my, how the heck are you so good!" i complained as i fell on my back.

i heard someone laughing and i looked to my side to see Shikamaru's dad laughing. yes i was at the Nara's house. i house was deemed and health hazard because there where like 500 rats living in there, so i was kicked out until they dealt with it, so I'm living with the Nara's until I'm aloud to go home, and i am currently losing to Shikamaru in shoji again. life sucks as soon as i get out of the hospital after going on a stupid mission that nearly killed my i'm not even aloud to go home, but i guess i did become a chunin alongside Shikamaru.

"you kids should be going to sleep." Shikamaru's mum said.

i groaned and jumped onto the coach and closed my eyes. I heard Shikamaru sigh and head off to his room, and once i knew his parents left i sat up and took out my sketch pad. I sketched the ice cave i saw in my dream as best i could. i remembered it but nit to well, maybe drawing it will help me remember or understand the dream more. As i was drawing i heard that same voice but it sounded ti distant and i couldn't understand what they where saying. i stood up and looked around trying to find where it was coming from but i couldn't. once the voice i started t pace around the room. what could it be? could it be Orochimaru? if it was him could he be trying to get me. was he planing on hurting my friends? was he going to make me feel more pain for escaping? i was to deep in thought and didn't realise Shikamaru coming out of his room.

~~~~Shikamaru's pov~~~~

i heard someone walking around, and having an idea of who it was i reluctantly got up. i walked out of my room and into the living room to see Sora in a daze pacing around. i walked p to her and placed my hand on her shoulder only to have her shack it off and continue pacing. I grabbed her arm but she pulled it out of my grasp. I stood in front of her but she didn't even notice and walked around me.

i was getting really worried about her now, she's never acted like this. this time i grabbed her wrist and pulled he into me and wrapped my arms around her waist. Despite her struggles to get free i held her close to me. she soon relaxed in my arms and looked up at me. i saw slight tears in her eyes and she hid her face in my chest. I leaned my chin on her head. Why did i have to fall in love with such a troublesome woman who means the world to me and has obviously been through a lot of pain. i rubbed her back to try and comfort her.

"Shikamaru." Sora said almost inaudibly.

i hummed in response.

"i-i'm scared." She whispered gripping onto my baggy shirt.

i looked at her and she looked at me fear evident in her eyes. i spoke my next words in a gentle voice.

"why are you scared Sora? what does a strong person like you have to fear?" i asked.

"losing you, my friends, all the people i care about. i lost Sarutobi sensei, the first person to show me true happiness, the person who gave me a second chance, he took me in, he was like what i expected a father to be. he meant everything to me and now hes been ripped away from me. I don't want that to happen to the other people care about." she said chocking down her sobs.

i held her closer to me realising how much pain she holds in, and how well she hides it.

"i have no intention on leaving you, and i highly doubt any of your other friends do either. I will do everything in my power to stay with you, forever and always." i said holding her closer if possible. "so stop worrying you troublesome woman." i said playfully

she punched my chest and looked up at me with a slight smile.

"stupid Nara." she said playfully and leaning in my chest again.

i spent thee rest of the night with her to make sure she didn't break down, but i ended up falling asleep.

~~~~Sora's pov~~~~

Shikamaru insisted on staying with me for the rest of the night, and he ended up falling asleep. i spent the rest of the night reading and looking every at Shikamaru every once and a while. How did i fall with this lazy ninja who i care for dearly and i would hate to see get hurt.