Festivel, unkown feeling and being anyoyed part 2

As we were walking towards the dango place my attention was drawn to the Lanterns. I've never done something like that before manly because I've had no one to do it with. But maybe one day I'll be able to do it, maybe even with Aisura and Shenshi, and possibly Shikamaru and his team. And the old man could join us. But that's just wishful thinking.

I was snapped back into reality when Shikamaru called my name. I quickened my step and caught up with him. We sat down and got some dango. When it arrived my face lit up. I grabbed it and ate it to my hearts content. It was delicious, I love dango so much. I payed for it, and Shikamaru looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You know I was going to pay." Shikamaru stated.

"Like I was going to let that happen you payed for the ramen, it's only fair I pay for this."

"Ok, hey do you wanna light a lantern somewhere?"

"Maybe, why do you ask?"

"I saw you looking at them before."

I gave a small smile. "Yea that would be fun"

"Okay you go get them, I've gotta quickly do something."

I nodded at him and went to grab two lanterns. However I stopped because I felt that same pair of eyes on me. I looked around but couldn't find anything. It was really annoying. I decided to brush it off. I grabbed two lanterns, and was thinking of were it would be a good place to release them. Then somewhere pop onto my, the lake you be good.

I turned around when I felt Shikamaru there. I passed him his lantern and started waking towards the lake, and he followed me without asking where we were going, which was wired. We were walking in complete silence, and that wired feeling in my chest flared up again. I think I'm getting sick. Maybe I should get this checked out. I gave a quite sigh. What's wrong with me. We were coming up to the lake, and I sat by the edge of the lake and took a deep breath.

Shikamaru came and sat next to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes, however flashed of a memory of a torture session that happened with Orochimaru came into my mind. And my eyes shot open and my breathing was uneven, and tears threatened to spill. Shikamaru turned his head to look at me and when he saw me he had genuine concern in his eyes.

A tear did fall from my eye, but once the first one fell a lot more came after that. I tried desperately to stop, I desperately wiped m eyes to try and make them stop, but they didn't. I pulled my knees up to my chest and buried my face in them. Then I felt an arm wrap around me, and pull me close. I was engulfed by warmth. I let my legs fall and nusled my face into Shikamaru's chest and let my tears fall freely. I gripped onto his shoulders as if I was scared this was a dream and I would wake up in a Torturer room. My tears finally stopped and I looked up at Shikamaru with my red puffy eyes.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"It's fine. I have an idea." Shikamaru said.

"Which is?"

"Let's release the lanterns, and when we do try and release some of that pain you holding onto."

"That sounds good I'll try."

Shikamaru stood up and reached his hand out to me and I took it. I stood up next to him. We lit the lanterns and released them. I watched it rise and I unconsciously followed it and ended up falling in the lake which caused a loud splash. When this happened my bun fell out.

"You okay Sora?" Shikamaru asked.

I stood up with a grin on my face. I grabbed  my kimono and tucked it up so it wouldn't get even wetter. I started splashing around but then a lot of fireflies flew up in the air and surrounded me. I looked at them in bewilderment, and it was like I was in some kind of trance. Then Shikamaru snapped me out of my daze.

"Time to get out if the lake, you're going to catch a cold." He said.

"Okay help me up." I said.

He reached his hand out and I took it. I pulled on it but he pulled me out, and I was slammed into his chest.

"Did you really think I didn't see that coming?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Well crap. You're stronger then you look Nara." I complained

I tried to put my hair back in the bun but couldn't, I've only ever worn my hair out or in a pony tail.

"Troublesome women, come here I put it up." Shikamaru said.

I turned around and he started to play with my hair, it felt nice. After he put it up I felt him put something in my hair. I raised my hand to feel it, and assumed it was a hair pin. I turned to Shikamaru with curiosity in my eyes.

" I saw it and though it would look good on you. I got it when you got the lanterns." He explained.

I gave him a small smile and whispered to him "thank you Shikamaru."

" it was nothing anyway we should get you home."

I nodded and we started waking, but for some wired reason a wave of drowsiness came over me.

"Can we sit for just a minute?" I asked in a tired voice.

Shikamaru nodded and led me to a bench.

~~~~Shikamaru's pov~~~~

We sat down for a bit then I noticed Sora fell asleep troublesome women. I gave a sigh, coming to the conclusion I would have to take to my place. I decided this because I didn't think she got much sleep and she needed as much as she could get. So I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my place. She would get my room and I would sleep on the couch for tonight. I really didn't mind. I really just wanted to see her happy. It genuinely made me sad and worried when she had that break down before, and I'm glad she's feeling a bit better. I just hope she opens up eventually.

But she looked so beautiful when all those fireflies surrounded her when she was in the lake. I looked down at her sleeping face and a small smile graced my face. Troublesome emotions, why couldn't you fall for a girl that's in my league. I have no chance with her. Plus she's destined for greatness I can tell. And a lazy boy like me doesn't deserve an amazing, caring, beautiful and loving girl like her.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of my house. I walked inside to see my parents waiting for me.

"Why is she asleep in your arms Shikamaru?" Mum asked.

"She fell asleep before I could get her home, and I didn't want to wake her because I don't think she gets much sleep. So I thought to bring her here. Is that okay?" I explained.

"Of course son. We're will she sleep."

"I was planning on giving her my room while I crash on the couch."

"Okay son, but you should let your Mum change her into some pyjamas." Dad said.

I gave a nod and Mum took her away.

"Are you in love with her son?" My dad asked me.

"I think so, I don't know." I said.

My dad gave a laugh. We waited there until Mum was finished. And when she was she came out with a slightly worried look on her face. I brushed it off for now and went to check on Sora before I went to sleep. When I did I saw scares on her arms. Some old but some fresh. My heart fell seeing this. Why would she do this to herself. I walked up to her and moved the hair out of her face.

"I will do what I can to help you feel joy and not pain." I whispered.

A/N sorry if they seem out of character, but they should be back to normal next chapter. the pic above is the hairpin Shikamaru got for Sora. Hope you guys are enjoying this.