Together - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

'Dan, I'm home' a faint and familiar voice. Shit. It was Phil. Damn. What was Emma to do now? There was no way she could escape the bathroom that Dan had just pushed her into, after the sudden fear that Phil might see her.

All she could do was sit on the toilet and wait for Dan to come back to help her find a way out.

'I thought we could...you know' she heard Dan say, in a slightly raised tone. She could not help but think that it could have been a sign that was her queue to leave.

But she could not bring herself to leave without fully knowing weather it was okay. So she decided to wait until she was sure she could leave. The only problem was that the bathroom was right next to Dan's bedroom.

The noise bleeding through the walls was like nothing she had ever heard before. The only way she could possibly describe it was how she imagined the noise mating whales would create. She soon realised the bed must have been against the sharing wall between them and the bathroom, as a loud rhythm started to emerge above the whales noises.

Emma shuffled to the furtherest corner away from the wall, pressing her hands against the sides of her head to block out the animalistic waves.

'How long are they going to be?' Emma thought to herself, wishing it would stop.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, it stopped. She removed her hands from her head, still panting is disgust. Mumbles started to appear, which quickly morphed into footsteps and then the sounds of doors opening.

'Emma!' Dan whispered angrily, as she quickly whipped open the one, making Emma jump, 'what the fuck

are you still doing here?'

'I didn't know weather I could leave!'

'Well you could, now just go'

She quickly stood, tip-toeing out, making sure she couldn't make a sound, until she reached the door. Dan slowly opened it, but a shallow creek still managed to leak out.

'Goodbye, Dan' she said, leaving the apartment. She leaned in to kiss him, but he quickly tilted his head, insuring she only got cheek.

Angry and confused, Emma left.

Short chapter, I know you were expecting more after what seems like YEARS, but I'm hoping to get a new chapter up for tomorrow or sometime this week! Sorry about the delays, I am trying!