Togther - Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

'Dan, was that the front door?'

'Umm...no' replied Dan, a bubble of guilt growing in his stomach.

'Well, yes it was' Phil could always tell when Dan was lying. Phil could always tell anything to do with Dan, he knew him so well.

'Fine, yes it was' Dan confessed, knowing Phil equally as well, hiding his head in shame.

'Who was it then?'

'Umm...it was the postman'

'The postman?'

'Why did I just say that?' Dan thought to himself, he needed something good to get out of this one.

'Yeah! Delivering your birthday gift...well you've ruined if now Phil!' Dan declared, desperately trying to shift the guilt onto Phil.

'Well, I don't see a parcel and my birthday isn't for months, plus Christmas is before that, so?...' Phil could unravel anything Dan threw at him.

'I got your Christmas present in July...'

'Oh Jesus Christ Dan!' Phil yelled in range, storming toward the bedroom, 'fine, don't tell me!'

'Phil, wait' Dan followed, 'what are you doing?' he asked as Phil was slamming his legs into a pair of black, skinny jeans.

'Im leaving!' yelled Phil, a catch in his throat appeared.

'Wha...no you can't leave Phil! Where are you going? Dan protested, grabbing Phil's waist, stroking his sides.

'To Emma's'

Silence fell.

A fist of mixed emotion consisting of panic, guilt and perhaps even a pinch of hope, punched Dan all over his body, leaving no part of him to be unaware of what Phil had just said.

'Why Emma's?' stuttered Dan, worried about the answer that would follow.

'She's my best friend Dan! She's been a better friend to be than you have been lately, I need to you Dan. But you keep lying to me, you keep ruining away when things get hard, I can hardly trust you anymore. I need to see a friend I can, Emma's that'

Dan was so overwhelmed by relief that the harsh words Phil just said ha not really sunken in and therefore had no reply. He just looked at Phil.

'Really? No reply? You have nothing to say to me?'

Dan still could not find the words to describe how he felt. He was angry at Phil for not trusting him, but also at himself for giving him a reason not to. However he was relieved Phil still had no idea who had just left their house and why.

The only thing Dan could bring himself to do is slowly place his hands on Phil's waist, slowing sliding down to his hips. He lightly pressed his lips against Phil's, only for a second, but that's all that was needed. Dan moved from Phil's heavy breathing lips to his ear and with a delicate tone whispered 'I love you'

'I love you too'