Chapter 2

Evie's POV

13 years later

Evie go to the market Emerald wants to see you, mother says from the kitchen. Yes mother, I reply heading into the kitchen. Happy Early Birthday baby girl, she says. Thank you mother, I say hugging her. I start to walk out the door when I suddenly hear mother begin to cough uncontrollably. Mother are you ok, I ask? I'm fine go, she tells me. Ok mother, I reply cautiously. I walk outside and head to the market. I walk up to an apple stand and am greeted with a bone crushing huge from Luna, Emerald's mother. Happy Early Birthday Evie, Luna says to me. Thank you Luna, I say. I couldn't get you anything again this year so take this apple, she says sadly. Luna you know I don't care if you get me anything you know I prefer if you didn't, I said. But since I haven't eaten breakfast and am starving I will accept this apple, I said. She just smiled. Then Emerald also gave me a bone crushing hug. Emerald has been my best friend ever since I was a little girl. She is also my only friend and I am hers. Happy Early Birthday, she said. Thanks, I say hugging her back. We talked for a little bit. I better head home mom was coughing really bad this morning I better check to make sure she is ok, I said. Ok bye Evie, I hear Luna and Emerald say. Bye I yell. I opened the door to find and empty kitchen. Mother, I yell. Then suddenly I hear a horrible coughing coming from mother's room. I walk back to her room to see her lying on her bed looking miserable. Mother, I gasp running to her bed. I grab her hand and it is cold as ice. Mother, I whisper tears rolling down my face. Evie darling there is something I must tell you, mother says. Ok, I reply. I know I should have told you this long ago but I couldn't find the heart to, Evie I am not your real mother you were left on my neighbor's door step and they could not keep you so I took you, no one here knows who your real mother is, she said. Then she started coughing really bad again. Also while you were at the market I had a doctor come and he said that I am dying and that today is my last day, she coughed out. No, I cry out. Evie go find your real mother and no matter how bad she is or what stuff she has done give her a chance, and even if you are not my real daughter I have and will always love you like you were my own, she said. I love you mom, I said through tears. I love you too, she whispered out. Then her hand dropped from mine and she did not move a muscle. Mom, I cried shaking her. Nothing. I sunk to the ground and sobbed. I kissed mother's head and walked up to my room. I grabbed a bag threw some cloths food and water in it the headed outside. Luna was going to come see me and mother in a few minutes she would find mother and would burry her for me. I walked into the forest leaving everything I knew, Emerald, Luna, and mother. I left that all behind and walked straight into the forest not knowing if I would ever come back.

Chapter two done. Whoo!!!