Chapter 7

Evie's POV

Walk with respect, grandma yelled. I am trying, I snapped after I dropped the books on my head for the 18th time. I tried again and dropped them again. I kicked the books. I give up, I yelled and ran away form grandma. Get back her Evie now, grandma yelled. I ran out to the garden. I screamed in frustration at the top of my lungs. Then suddenly I felt something hot in my hand. I looked down and saw fire in my had. I screamed and stuck my hand in the fountain. I began to shake. Then I saw grandma and the anger took over the fear. I won't learn any more I am not good enough, yelled. Then I took of down the hill. The dress made it hard to run but I managed. I got to the edge of the forest and decided to go it. I ran in dodging trees and logs. I then suddenly I ran into someone and it sent me toppling over. I was about to get up when I saw this person was wearing heels. It was grandma. I got up to run but I was held in the air. Grandma began to walk to the castle and she set me down at in the garden. I sat down on the water fountain. Why did you take me away from mother, I asked? Because I thought you would be a disgrace since your father wasn't royalty but I was wrong. I nodded my head. Could you forgive me, she asked sitting next to me. Yes, I said hugging her. She hugged back. Let's get back to work, I said. We got up and walked inside. She made books appear and it reminded me of when a fireball appeared in my hand. She set the books on my head and I began to walk. I didn't drop the books. After that I learned manners and a bunch of other stuff. I was walking around the castle when I heard mother in her lounge. She was yelling and someone was begging her not to hurt them. I walked in to see mother crushing a woman's heart. The woman fell lifelessly to the ground and grey sand trickled out of mothers hand. I gasped. I saw the most evil look on her face when she crushed the woman's heart she even smirked. Then mother saw me. I had tears in my eyes. Evie, mother said. She waved her hand and the body was gone. She started to walk towards me. When she went to put her hand on me I moved. Evie, she said but I cut her off. Y- you just killed that innocent lady, I said tears in my eyes. She wasn't innocent she helped Snow White, mother snapped. You want to know something mam, I said not wanting to call her mother. I helped Snow White too, yeah that's right your own daughter helped Snow White, I lied. You wanna ripe out my heart to and kill me, I said opening my arms. Evie I wouldn't kill you, she said. I understand why they call you the Evil Queen, I said. Then I ran to my room. I packed some cloths in a bag and hid it. I was going to run away tonight. I went down for supper and sat next to grandpa. Evie, why aren't you sitting next to your mother Cora asked once I was finishing up my meal. You mean the Evil Queen, I snapped. I don't feel like it, I said. Evie don't call her that, Cora snapped. Why not that's her name, she isn't Regina, she isn't mother, she is the Evil Queen she ripped out an innocent girls heart, I yelled standing up. You haven't been excused, Cora snapped. I don't care I am done, I yelled walking to the door. Evie please, mother said. Goodbye your majesty, I said slamming the kitchen doors behind me. I ran to my room and slammed my door. I changed out of my dress into a pair of tan ridding pants, white shirt, light brown short sleeved vest, and a pair of black boots. I slipped out of my room and ran outside. I dashed off to the forest but when I reached the edge tree branches began to wrap around me. I wiggled trying to get free but branches wouldn't budge. Then I heard mother's voice. Stop fighting it Evie, she said. So now I can't leave this hell hole, I asked? Not unless me, grandma, or grandpa are with you, she said. So now I am a prisoner, I yelled. Then the branches lowered me down. I am your prisoner now i am freaking trapped here, I yelled. I wish you never found me, I yelled. Then suddenly a fireball formed in my hand again. I shook it out of my hand. You have magic, she said happily. Yeah i figured that out the today, I said. Maybe I can teach you magic, she said. No I am good I don't need to turn into you, i snapped and ran to the house leaving mother behind. I got up to my room changed Into a night gown and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I felt bad for hurting mom's feelings I understood why she was bad I just kind of freaked out when I watched her kill that lady. I walked down stairs and collided with someone. I am so sorry, I said picking myself up. Then I realized who I ran into. It was mother. Are you ok, she asked? Ya I'm fine, I said. Mother about yesterday, I am really sorry I just freaked out when I watched you kill that lady, I said. It's ok, she said. So you still up for helping me with this magic stuff, I asked and her face lit up.