Chapter 4

Evie's POV

I felt my body being lightly shaken so I opened my eyes. I could see that I was laying down on my side and was resting my head on something. I looked up and saw that was laying my head in the Queen's lap. I shot up embarrassed. Sorry you-, I began but was cut of by the Queen. No need to apologize I laid you down on my lap so you could sleep better, she said. Thank you, I said. We are almost at the castle, she said. Wait I sleep for a whole day, I asked? No I used magic to make us appear home faster it is only noon, she said. I nodded and looked out the window. Then suddenly a huge castle came into view. I gasped and I heard the Queen giggle. The guards opened the carriage down and helped me down. Thank you, I said to them. They nodded. I stood in aw of the castle. I saw the guards helping the Queen out so I stood waiting for her and started to take in the surroundings. Suddenly I felt a hand on my back gently nudging me forward. I began to walk. Then I saw the Queen walking next to me. We walked into the castle and it was even prettier inside. Then an old man began walking to us. Regina your home, the old man said to the Queen. Hello daddy, she said. Then he saw me. Is this her, he asked? Yes father it is, she replied. Then she whispered something in his ear and he nodded in agreement. I will show you to your room, she said. I followed her up a grand stair case and was led into a huge room. This is your room, she said. T-thank you your majesty, I said. Your welcome and please call me Regina, she said. I nodded my head. Well your bathroom is right here, she said pointing to a door in my room. Why don't you take a bath and then come down to the dinning room and join me and father for lunch, she said. Yes mam, I said. She left the room and I walked into the bathroom and started the bath. After I was done washing all the dirt from me I looked around and saw a towel sitting next to the tub. I drained the water and wrapped the towel around me. Then I wonder what I was going to wear. I walked out into my room and that question was soon answered. There was a light blue dress laying on my bed. I slipped it on. Then I saw a pair of matching heels. I applied some make up and looked in the mirror. I looked beautiful. I walked out of the room and down the stairs. Then I walked down the hall and realized Regina never told me where the kitchen was and now I am lost. Suddenly a face in the mirror in front of me appeared. Hello Evie, he said. How do you know my name, I asked? I know everything , he said. I will help you get to the kitchen, he said. Just go straight then take two lefts and a right and you will be in front of the kitchen, he said. Thank you very much sir, I said bowing to him. Your very welcome, he said then vanished. I followed his directions and ended up in front of two large oak doors. I pushed them open and saw Regina and her father. Then as I looked a little closer I saw another person. An older lady. I walked to the table and Regina saw me. Evie nice to see you, she said smiling. Nice to see you too mam, I said. Come sit, she said ushering me to a chair next to her and the older lady. The chair was at the end of the table. I walked over to the chair and sat down. Evie this is my mother Cora, she said. Nice to meet you mam, I said bowing my head. You have a beautiful name, I said. Thank you, she said. We ate lunch and talked. May I be excused, I asked? You may, Regina said. Why don't you go wander around the castle, Regina said. That would be fun thank you, I said. Then I stood up and walked out with elegance. I walked around the halls till I found a door that led outside. I walked outside into a huge garden. I admired all the flowers. I picked a hand full of purple roses and new ones grew where the one's in my hand once were. I went and over and sat down fountain in the middle of the garden. I was smelling the flowers when I felt someone sit by me. I turned to look and saw it was Regina's mother. Hello mam, I said. Hello, she replied. Do you like those flowers, she asked? O yes mam very much they are my favorite flowers in the whole garden, I said smiling. They are my favorite too, she said. I looked at her and handed her the bouquet of purple roses I had just picked. She smiled and handed me one of the roses. Evie I have some questions for you, she said looking at me seriously. Ask away, I said.