Chapter 3

*edited*

Your POV 

"I...I want to talk to you..." Kaneki admitted, hanging his head low. 

You blinked a few times, before nodding. 

He cleared his throat and scratched his neck in embarrassment, as if he was afraid to say whatever he wanted to say. 

And you sincerely were sad for that, you hated bringing fear to others. 

"I...I wanted to know...what happened in these years, you know..." 

He was obviously referring to your changes, so you averted your eyes, thinking about a way out the situation. 

"Nothing important...and it's none of your business" you added the last part more sternly than you intended to, immediately regretting it.

Kaneki's expression fell, his lips which were once curved upwards in an embarrassed grin, now were downward, and he looked very upset. 

Keep up your wall, (f/n)! 

You scoffed and finally turned around; you went to grab a cloth and started to clean a table. 

Suddenly the door burst opened, startling you a bit; at the entry there was a woman with a girl. The woman was very beautiful, but her features were contorted in a quite sorrowful expression. The girl was surely her daughter: she had the same brown hair and Hazel eyes, and her features resembled much the women's.

They were all wet, you also noticed, probably due to the bad weather. Everyone's eyes were fixed on them, and finally Touka arrived wondering what in the world was happening. But as her dark purple eyes landed on the two, she let out a soft gasp. 

"Ryoko-san! Hinami! Kaneki, go get a towel!" she shouted and Kaneki flinched, but obeyed and came immediately back with a big towel. 

"There is only one room, you can stay there" Touka left with the woman and the little girl (let's pretend that Hinami is 7 or 8) behind her. 
You and Kaneki were still looking at the direction they disappeared, not fully understanding what had just happened, when Yoshimura appeared and placed an hand on the boy's shoulder. 

Kaneki flinched again and you both turned around. 

"Kaneki, you still have to get a mask, don't you? (f/n), can I ask you to take Kaneki to Uta's shop for a mask?" 

You sighed and looked behind you with a bored look. 

"It's not like I have something more funny to do..." 

You faced Kaneki and gave him the most scary look you could give. 

"Tomorrow at 3:00 pm. Don't you dare to be late" you said and went back cleaning the table, a satisfied smirk spread across your lips. 

~ Time skip brought to you by Ryuk and his apples~

The next day 

You were outside, wearing a tight, red tank top and jeans shorts. 

3:00 pm

Checking the time on your phone, you thought, 

I told him to not be late. Now I'll-

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps, and you turned around to see Kaneki jogging towards you. 

"I'm... sorry... I was... about... to be late" he smiled, panting, his hands on his knees. 

You felt bad for making him upset before. 

You sighed. 

"Let's just go"