Chapter 1 1

You were sitting against a wall of the new Aogiri structure, where Ayato had placed you down. You were waiting for someone, anyone, who could bring you some human flesh, so your ankles could heal. 

Finally you heard footsteps, and, to your relief, it wasn't Ayato but Kaneki. He was holding some corpse of some dead ghoul investigator, who probably had died in the battle of the 11th ward. 

Sighing, you thanked him and started eating. Immediately you felt better, and you even felt like after a while you could be able to walk again. 

When you finished, you wiped your mouth and looked up. 

Kaneki was just looking out of the broken window with an expressionless stare. You tried to stand up, supporting your weight with the wall, and slowly you made your way beside Kaneki, looking you also out, gazing at the night sky. 

"Hey, Kane-kun..." you whispered. 

He just turned his head to look at you, without giving a proper answer like 'yes?' or something, which disappointed you a little. 

You opened your mouth, but someone cut you off. 

"Brat. I'll show you your room" 

You turned around and saw Ayato, his usual scowl on his face. You frowned. 

"Oh? Why has it to be you?" you stubbornly asked. 

His eyes became black and red. 

"Sorry, who was the person who helped you all the way here?" he replied. 

"Tch" 

He surpassed you, hitting your shoulder in the process, but you decided that you were too weak to fight.

"Talk to you later" you said to Kaneki. 

Then you just followed Ayato. 

The walk was filled with silence, and finally Ayato opened a door. 

"Here" he said, and then he walked off. 

You stepped in the room. Obviously, like in the rest of the building, the windows were broken. The room wasn't that big, but it was almost empty, apart from an old looking bed, which had no sheets. 

You sighed and sat on the bed, lying down. 

I'm again with Aogiri... Again with him​​​​​​... 

You still felt kind of sick, thinking about your last fight with Ayato, but you also felt like something had changed between the two of you. 

After the events and the talks in that alleyway, and when he had offered you a piggy back ride, you felt kinda weird. 

All those kind gestures from him lately, you couldn't decide if they were just for Aogiri or for something else. 

And then there was Kaneki. 

You closed your eyes, and an image of the old Kaneki popped up. 

His black, straight hair and his kind grey eyes, avoiding eye contact, while he was smiling kindly, blushing and scratching his cheek, an habit of him. 

Now this is just a memory.

You thought. 

In fact, that image was soon replaced by another one. It was still Kaneki, but he had white, slightly messy hair, emotionless grey eyes, and he was cracking his index finger. 

You lightly shook your head. You were feeling so many emotions like now... 

You felt like you wanted to talk about it with someone, but your first choice would have been Kaneki.