Chapter 17

​​​​​​
You felt the air hitting your face. You turned your head in horror to the object that had fallen. 

And you realised, 

That you had lost your mask in front of the human. 

_

Juuzou started giggling. To your luck, you were giving him your back, so he wasn't able to see your face. 

Panic took over you and you froze in the spot, afraid to make a wrong move. 

Any wrong move, and he would've seen your face. 

"Wow... Do you mind turning and face me please? So I can see your pretty face?" he asked giggling. 

Your mask was just two or three metres away from you. 

Maybe if I'm quick enough... 

"Oh? Maybe you're thinking of taking your mask? What if I tell you I want it?" 

You widened your eyes more, and you heard him starting running. 

What do I do, what do I do, what do I do! 

Oh I got it! 

With a quick move you kicked the mask, and then ran to take it, putting it back on. 

Then you turned to Juuzou. 

"Tch" 

I can't beat him... 

You didn't like the thought, but you turned your back and ran away from the room. 

"Aww... You're running away already?~" Juuzou whined. 

You ran and ran, before you could change your mind and going back fighting with the ghoul investigator. 

You stopped panting. 

Fuck, I thought I was dead. I have to be more careful. 

While thinking this, you heard some screaming and fighting noises coming from a room not too far from where you were. 

You walked and stopped at the door, but the scene in front of you made you more worried than ever. 

Kaneki was fighting another ghoul. But this ghoul was something like two times bigger than him. 

And you noticed another thing: he had almost the same kagune as Kaneki. 

You saw that Kaneki was losing the fight, and made a step forward, but a hand stopped you. 

You looked behind to see Eto, with her index finger in front of her lips, gesturing you to keep silent. 

"They have their own things to resolve" Eto said, in a surprisingly serious tone. 

Taken aback by her tone, you decided to listen to her. 

But the fighting soon ended when the huge ghoul kicked Kaneki, and threw him against the wall, making him break through it and roll into another room. 

You couldn't take it any longer, so you broke free from Eto's grasp and ran to where Kaneki was. 

The ghoul was about to jump on you, but Eto quickly ran to him and asked him something you couldn't hear. 

Kaneki was lying motionless on the floor, and you were shaking him violently. 

"Kane-kun! Kaneki!" you kept shouting. 

He opened his eyes a little, and looked at you. 

"(f...(f/n)-chan..." Kaneki whispered. 

But then he suddenly screamed as if he was in extreme pain, and rolled on his stomach.