Chapter 16

Your POV 

You left your new room already dressed for the coming attack, and with your mask in your hand. 

You met in the corridor with Kaneki and you headed to the main room, where you would've parted in squads. 

"Hey, (f/n)-chan" Kaneki said with a soft smile. 

"Hey" you replied. 

"Remember the promise" he said and you nodded, even if you didn't want to keep the promise. 

When you arrived in the room, there were Tatara, Noro, Eto and Ayato, with a few of Aogiri members. When the two of you entered the room, Ayato glared, and then looked away. 

When all the members were there, Tatara said to part up in squads, and so you did. 

Good thing Kaneki was in your squad. 

"(f/n), you stay here" Ayato said and pulled you beside him. You glared at him, but you knew you couldn't do anything. 

- Time skip - 

You were now beside Ayato, you had managed to get into the ghoul prison, and you were waiting on the ceiling for a signal. 

Suddenly you heard some of the workers freaking out. 

"Why is Gate 0 open?" 

"We weren't waiting for anyone at this time, right?" 

"Go and check" 

"Wait a moment..." and then the man looked up and noticed you. 

You all jumped down, freeing your kagune and attacking the ghoul investigators. When your way was free from any human, you and Kaneki followed Ayato's squad. 

While walking, you felt eyes on you, and turned your head to the left. 

In fact, you made eye-contact with a pair of green orbs. There were two ghoul investigator hid in the other side of the building. You widened your eyes. 

~Flashback~

"Kane-kun! There are two doves!" with that, you put on your mask and jumped, putting your hood up. After a moment, Kaneki did the same. 

You faced the doves, and Kaneki put off his hood, but you left it covering your face. It was too risky to have your identity as the Purple Phoenix seen. 

One of the doves was tall, quite handsome and he had brown hair and green eyes. The other was tall too, and he had blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Tch, are you Rabbit's teammates?" the handsome one said. Then he nodded at the other one, who tried to jump on you with his quinque. The other one jumped on Kaneki and they both fell off the bridge. 

~Flashback end~

You suddenly remembered where you had seen him: he was one if the Doves who had come to attack you when you were trying to save Hinami. He was the one who had fought with Kaneki. 

The Dove's gaze was settled on you and Kaneki, mostly on Kaneki, and he had wide open eyes. He took out something, but before you could see it properly, a voice snapped you out of your staring. 

"(f/n), what the fuck are you doing?! Keep concentration and walk" Ayato said angrily, and you realised that you weren't walking, and all of the group had stopped just because of you. 

So you just followed them. 

Suddenly a group of ghoul investigator started shooting, and killed all of your squad except for Ayato, you and Kaneki, who where behind them.