Chapter 23

I don't know if you have already read this story, but if you have, I apologise for the inconvenience that happened with this chapter.

Basically, as I've previously told you I think, I published the chapters first on Quotev, and then on Wattpad. In this case I had started writing this chapter on Wattpad, but then continued on Quotev, and then published both of them thinking this was complete.

But, as I noticed rereading this, it wasn't. I'm pretty sure that you all felt like something was missing between this chapter and the next one, but here's the complete version! Good reading!

______________________________________

You put your hand on your face and sighed in embarrassment, replaying the scene in your head.

It almost felt like a dream, you couldn't believe it.

So you and Ayato were... Friends?

It sounded way too ridiculous to you. You had always been rivals. But it made you happy that finally you had cleared things out.

You didn't even know where you were going, when you bumped into someone and, being distracted by your thoughts, you lost your balance and fell on your butt.

You looked up to see Kaneki, holding a book, the same book that you were reading together before the 'incident' with his kakuja.

He widened his eyes and immediately helped you up.

"I'm sorry, I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't even know where I was going" you apologised, scratching your cheek.

You felt that your cheek was still a little hot.

Kaneki shook his head.

"No, I'm the one who should be apologising. I mean, I was reading while walking..." he said smiling.

Then he looked at you confused.

"What are you blushing for? Just because you fell in front of me?" he asked, half joking.

"A-ah, yes, it's pretty embarrassing actually" you lied, avoiding eye-contact.

Kaneki smiled and patted your head.

"So? Have you gotten another room?" he then asked.

You widened your eyes.

"Ah! I forgot to ask Ayato!" you exclaimed, instantly regretting to have pronounced his name.

Kaneki's smile slowly faded away, and his kind expression was replaced by a serious one.

"Oh, so that's where you were, I see..." he said.

You studied his expression.

"What's wrong, Kane-kun?" you asked. You couldn't understand why they were so in conflict with each other.

Sure, Hide had given you an explanation, when you had visited him, but you didn't believe him.

Still, you felt a strange feeling, a feeling that you had never felt in your whole life.

But the weirdest thing, was that you felt it every time you thought about Ayato, Hide, or Kaneki.

Could it be that I... No, it can't be.

Kaneki looked at you in the eyes, with a stoic expression, the same expression that had always hurt you every time you saw it on him.

"You know what's wrong. He always caused harm to you, he's dangerous for you. And..." he hesitated a bit before adding,