Chapter 24

You opened your eyes and looked out of the window. 

It's still night... And it looks pretty cold outside. Well it's winter after all. 

You turned to the other side and... 

You immediately jolted up at the sight of Ayato's face. 

I slept here. I can't believe it. But wait, why did Ayato come here too? Well screw it. 

You stood up on the bed and carefully jumped down, trying not to wake Ayato up. Looking back one last time, you quickly made your way out of the room and closed the door behind you. 

You took a sigh of relief and buried your face in your hands. You were lost in your embarrassing thoughts when... 

"(f/n)-chan, you're awake?" 

You turned to the familiar white haired male and smiled softly. You walked close to him and noticed that he was wearing a jacket. 

"Kane-kun? Are you going out?" you asked and he nodded. 

"Can I come too? I don't think I'll be able to sleep anymore" you said looking away. 

Kaneki studied your face for a moment, and then answered. 

"Of course you can, but... It looks pretty cold outside, it's better if you get a jacket, too" 

You smiled and nodded. 

-Time skip-

It was six in the morning, but since it was winter, it was still as dark as night. 

You and Kaneki were walking around in the 20th ward in a comfortable silence, until you felt something landing on the tip of your nose. 

You looked up at the sky and saw that it was snowing. 

"Look, Kane-kun!" you exclaimed happily. 

Kaneki looked at you with a soft smile and nodded, then looking also at the sky. You felt something brush against your hand, and you saw Kaneki's hand taking yours. 

You widened your eyes slightly, but you didn't mind it at all, as you found yourself smiling. 

Suddenly something caught your eye: it was a plane made of paper. You followed its flight with your eyes, until it flew in front of one of those huge video screens. 

You read the news and-

You widened your eyes in horror and your breath caught in your throat. You squeezed Kaneki's hand, who turned to you and saw your face. 

"(f/n)-chan, what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

You raised a trembling finger, indicating Kaneki the screen. It wasn't long before his face became as shocked as yours. 

'The 20th ward must be evacuated by tonight. A ghoul orgaization was found in the coffee shop that goes by the name Anteiku; the CCG will take care of the case tonight' 

You gulped as your hands started trembling.

Touka, Hinami... Yoshimura-san, Irimi-san, Koma-san... 

You couldn't let them die. You looked at Kaneki again and you met with his grey eyes. The both of you nodded: you would've fought tonight. 

Hide's POV

I was sitting in the CCG office with Akira and Amon, who was talking at the phone with someone. 

"What? Tonight? Alright... I get it"