Chapter 6

*edited*

Your POV 

You were sitting on the floor in your bedroom with a thoughtful expression on your face, gazing up at the ceiling llazily. 

A sigh escaped your lips. 

"I guess it's time to take it again"

Your hand clenched around the mask you were holding (that one in the 'chapter'  info about the characters, if you didn't look at it) . 

You didn't know why you had taken it out after such a long time, you just had a bad feeling. 

Indeed, a few moments later your phone rang. You looked to the number ID. 

Kane-kun

You has given everyone in Anteiku your number in case something happened, exactly like in this case. 

"Yo, Kaneki (I'm sorry). What's up?"

"(f/n)-chan! Hinami is missing! You have to come!" the worried voice of Kaneki rang through your head, the message slowly sinking in, leaving you in a state of anxiety you knew you couldn't show. 

Without a reply, you hung up dropping the phone soon afterwards, took your mask, quickly put on a coat and jumped out of the window. In a matter of seconds you were already in a sprint to the coffee shop. 

Running, you saw Touka and Kaneki who were supposedly waiting for you. 

"Hey!" you caught their attention waving your hand in the air. 

It worked perfectly, as they both turned around, looking questionably puzzled.  

"(f/n)-chan! You came!" Kaneki exclaimed in relief. 

"(f/n)..." Touka looked at you with sad eyes, remorse evident in her voice. 

"Touka-chan... I already told you that I forgave you for misjudging my things, right? And I also promised you I would've helped you, didn't I? So don't looks so remorseful and astonished at my presence. Although I would like to talk this out, we're wasting ton of precious time, so let's go!" with that the two in front of you gave you a nod.

You sniffed the air and focused on the faint scent of the little girl which invaded your nostrils, and you ran to the place it came from. Not much later you found yourself in front of a crossroads. 

"I go to the left, you two go to the right!" Touka ordered, and before you could protest with your opinions on how it was better to stay together, she was gone. 

That was when you heard an high-pitched scream. 

"Hinami!" you and the boy exclaimed simultaneously as you glanced down to see Touka running. 

Then you noticed other two people with grey coats running behind her. 

"Kane-kun! There are two doves!" with that, you swiftly put on your mask, which was hidden in your coat, and jumped, also putting your hood up. Kaneki looked at you for a second, as if in a daze, but he quickly snapped out of it and did the same. 

You two faced the doves, and Kaneki let his hood fall off his head, revealing his masked face, but you left it covering your face. It was too risky to have your identity as the Purple Phoenix seen, since you were given for 'missing'. 

One of the doves was tall and had a muscular complexion, as if it wasn't enough you observed he was quite handsome and he had brown hair and green eyes. The other was quite tall too, and he had blonde hair and brown eyes (I made him up).