Chapter 15

Final decision: I'm going to follow the anime plot! 

If you didn't read the last two A/N... Don't read them, just act like they don't exist! And if you read it just forget about them. 

But there are two things of the Manga that I'm going to use: 

1) Hide works with Amon and Akira, so don't think that I made up what I wrote there. 

2) Kaneki isn't as emotionless as he is in the anime, and I'm going to use this fact in the story also. So if you think that Kaneki is acting strange in this chapter remember that he isn't OOC. 

​​​​​​Good reading! <3 

​​​​​​__________________________________________________

Then he leaned forward and​​​​​​... 

He stopped himself just when your lips were a few centimetres apart. Instead he moved upwards and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. 

Your cheeks flushed red. 

What happened? Was he about...? 

You couldn't stop thinking about it, and Kaneki finally let you go with a sigh. Then he sat on the table, looking out of the broken window. 

You just looked at him frozen. Then you shook your head. 

No way... He's my best friend...

You walked to him and sat close beside him.

You looked down and thought about what he had just said. 

_

"But don't worry. I won't let you die in cochlea and you will keep your promise. You will return to the old (f/n) I knew"

​​​​​​_

"Ne, Kane-kun..." you whispered. 

He looked at you with his soft grey eyes. 

"Yes, (f/n)-chan?" 

"Why do you want so much me to return like my old self? I mean, I'm already sweet and all with you-"

"It's not enough" Kaneki cut you off. You looked at him widening hour eyes. 

"Uh?"

"I want you to be like you were once, with everyone. Isn't it uncomfortable to always have a mask on? The only thing I want is you to be happy, and if you behave faking your personality...sooner or later you'll become depressed, not being capable to express what you are feeling" he said and looked away. 

You widened your eyes. 

He wants me to be happy...? 

You felt your eyes water again. 

"Kane-kun..." you let out in a trembling voice. 

He suddenly turned to you with a more serious expression. 

"(f/n)... You won't die and I won't either. I'll kill everyone in our way if necessary"

You felt a knot in your throat, but it wasn't because you were happy, no. This time you just wanted to cry because the old Kaneki himself had refused to kill a Dove because he didn't want to become a murderer. 

You let out a shaky breath. 

"Why would you go that far for me?" you managed to say.

He looked down for a few moments. Then he lifted his gaze and looked at you straight in the eyes.