Sparks Fly Out

The sun had barely set when August snapped awake. His mind drifted to the meeting of the Stackhouse girl. It was eating him up inside to think of how much attention Eric gave her. August released an unnecessary sigh in frustration. Maybe he should assert himself to make Eric think of nothing but him. A soft chuckle escaped his lips at the ridiculous idea.

The loud blaring of his ringtone attracted his attention. He crawled across the bed to reach the nightstand and picked up the phone.  Grinning  upon seeing who it was he quickly answered.

"Hi Godric."

"Hello little one."

The older vampire's voice was always so calming. August would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy hearing it often. It was as if the man's every word was a soothing lullaby trying to put his nerves at ease.

"When should I expect you back in Shreveport? August smiled cheerfully. "You know I hate not seeing that gorgeous face of yours every day."

Godric chuckled at the brunette's words before answering.

"I'm afraid I will not be making a trip there anytime soon August."

"Aw, but I wanted to flaunt our love in front of Eric so that he knows I am the favorite."

"You shouldn't tease him, he does bite back."

August could practically feel the smirk though the phone. He wanted to laugh at the joke, but was yet again hit with thoughts of the Stackhouse girl.

"What has made you so quiet Solsken?" Godric asked worriedly.

A frown marred his usually angelic face. He bit his lip anxiously before answering.

"Someone caught Eric's attention." He started. "Something about her is wrong. Not in the human way either.  Her smell is harsh on my senses."

  A sigh escapes the elder. He had know for quite some time about August's scent quirk. Part of Godric believes this situation is a part of the paranoia over unknown people around his nest mates August seemed to have developed over the last decades. The first time August slept with Eric was a bit of a disaster on the younger. He claimed to smell the multiple parters that had previously lain with the vampire.  He spent the entire time in bed face down because one of the scents agitated him. 

  When he first learned of their more intimate encounters Godric brushed it off. It wasn't uncommon to sleep with your nest mates. However, as the years went on he started to feel envious of his childe. After spending so much time with August, Godric started harboring a lot more than affection for the eternal teen. His smile lit up any room he walked into. That teasing voice always made it seem as if he was up to no good. Those big brown eyes always expressing his emotions. Godric never lied to August about his feelings toward him. He did truly love him. It was just that the kind of love had changed.

"Worry not little one, I'm sure Eric can take care of himself should something nefarious comes of their meeting."

August smiled at the elder's words. Godric was a saint.

"I think I might do a bit of detective work." He grinned. "Find out where she works and scare her a bit."

"I suppose, but you must be careful." Godric said worriedly.

"Of course I know you would worry otherwise." August grinned. "Love you, Godric."

"And I you, Solsken."

"Maybe I'll come visit you since your so busy." August said after a few seconds of silence.

"There is no need, I am sure Eric and Pamela would not appreciate another of you last minute excursions." Godric chuckled.