You'll be the Death of Me

"You're really in your 100's?"  The ginger teen asks curiously as she sat on a plush footstool within August's closet.

"I am."  August replied as he focused on sifting through his closet to find something suitable to wear.

  Jessica took his distracted reply as an excuse to look though the rest of the room.  She was sure that the closet was easily bigger than her room at home.  August had everything organized by color and clothing type.  She wandered to the far wall that opened up into a small alcove where the walls were lined with shoes of all kinds.  Jessica's jaw dropped as she entered the space.  She had only pictured places like this in her dreams.  She ran her finger tips across the toes of several heels before pausing on a pair that drew her in. 

  A beautiful combination of teal and gold, the mules were more simplistic than the other heels surrounding it, but they were no less gorgeous.  She gently took them from the shelf before settling on the floor.  She slid her foot into the large teal satin bow that would hold her foot in place and simply stared. There was a mature elegance to them that made her feel like the grown up she always tried to be.  Jessica wondered if she was still human would she ever have been able to have worn anything as beautiful as these.

"Those are Oscar De La Renta Sophia satin mules."  August's voice called softly startling the baby vamp from her thoughts.

  Jessica looked up to see him leaning on the arched entrance way with a soft smile and a bundle of clothes in his grasp.  She scrambled to take them off with apologies flowing from her stuttering lips when a hand on her shoulder forced her to stop.

"It's okay."  He said softly.  "God knows how many times I've sat here doing the same thing."

  He held out his hand for her to take before drawing her up onto her feet.  She wobbled trying to find her balance before nearly falling onto August.  He chuckled before steadying her. 

"These were a gift from my lover from before we got together."  August smiled fondly.  "At the time I didn't think he realized that these were primarily meant for weddings, but now I think he knew exactly what they were."

Jessica stood up straight finally with an occasional wobble.

"Do you like them?"  August asked her.

"They are beautiful; I've never had anything this pretty or expensive in my life."  Jessica said breathlessly.  "My Daddy would never have bought me anything like these, let alone approve of them.  He would probably say something about them not being proper for a church going woman."

  August smiled holding her hands in order for her to balance out.

"You take them then, as a gift to celebrate your new life."  He grinned.

  Jessica was shocked at his words before hurriedly shaking her head in denial. 

"No I couldn't take these!"  She cried.  "You just said they were a gift and you barely know me!  I absolutely can't take these shoes!"

"You can and you will Jessica."  August laughed.  "But first we have to teach you to walk in heels over an inch high."

  Jessica was speechless as she slipped out of the shoes.  She picked them up and held them to her chest as blood stared to streak down her cheeks.  August brushed the bloody tears way with his thumbs before leading her back into the main portion of his closet.  He held out the bundle of clothes to her before nodding at a door behind her.

"That leads to my bathroom, get cleaned up and changed.  You are free to stay the day in my room so get some rest."  He said ushering her into the other room.  "I'll see you tonight."