Release Me

Lyle felt dead on his feet as he gave a pleasant smile to the pushy customer. First, she demanded he attends to her,  even though he was now working as a manager and not a salesperson.  Then she insults Kashmir, who came in to help finalize the renovation plans for the boutique before they officially close it for rebranding.  Finally, This was the fifth dress she had tried on and he was ready to tell her that her bright pink lipstick made her look like a Barbie party clown. The night before August had faxed over a novel's worth of paperwork. It was completed on his part but required Lyle to look over and sign them. August made it abundantly clear that he wanted Lyle to be his partner, not his helper. Lyle was just happy that his meager associate in business was being put to use.

"That's definitely the one madame."  Lyle told her with a strained smile. "You should definitely buy it.

The woman gave him a toothy white smile before waving her card in the air toward Kashmir.  

"Shop boy i'll take it."  She smirked at her.

Fuck it.

"Excuse me you sorry excuse for painted leather but what did you just say to her?"  Lyle said with his customer service smile in full force.

"I beg your pardon?!"  She asked in a scandalized tone.

"No you may not.  Not after you come in my shop, disrespect my employees, and now insult my friend.  SHE does not work here.  SHE probably makes more in a day than you do in a month.  SHE could probably buy your whole family and sell them off as blood bags to some wealthy vampire.  

"HE is obviously a man!  I was brought up a proper lady and we were taught THOSE kinds of people ain't natural.  He's a man so I shall call him as such."  She huffed.

  Kashmir had a volatile scowl on her face.  She opened her mouth to lay into the woman but was cut off by Lyle.

"You are not worthy to even breathe the same air as her.  I refuse to give you service and I'm banning your ass from this shop.  Now leave."

  The woman rushed off to the dressing room, quickly changing, and rushing to leave the store with what little face she had left.  Kashmir turned to Lyle with a shocked look on her face.

"That was amazing.  I'll be honest, I didn't think you had it in you to go off on someone.  You seem so doughy."

  Lyle snorted.  

"I have a lot of pent-up anger."

  "I'lll bet."  She grinned kissing his cheek.  "Your a good one gingerbread.  I'll see you tomorrow with all the info for the contractors.  

 Lyle and Kash parted ways after locking up and Lyle drove back home. Since his departure days ago August made sure to talk to him a few hours every night to make sure everything was working out. The vampire had ordered the equivalent of 2 refrigerator boxes worth of fabric and sewing supplies for his office. It was more of a studio than an office at this point since Lyle set up the vampire's sewing machine and art supplies since he planned to also sell his own creations in the shop alongside other local and little-known designers.

Pulling up to the home Lyle released a sigh of relief.  Upon entering the house he kicked off his shoes in the entryway and padded toward his office. He tossed his bag in the corner before collapsing in a plush chair. He was excited to see all their hard work pay off, but the road there was stressful. August had years of knowledge on the subject of fashion. His taste was as sophisticated as it was eclectic. Lyle just wanted to be a part of something amazing and August, himself, was amazing.