All Alright

Sam gave the 3 a curious look once the children were settled at his side on the living room sofa. On one hand, they got rid of Eric, on the other, they manipulated a very powerful vampire with just words. Who knew what these teen vampires could do. Lyle fluttered about the kitchen shifting pots and pans. August gave Sam an embarrassed smile.

"I am sorry about Eric. He's a dick." The ash teen huffed.

"It's fine." Sam replied shifting his gaze between the kids and the vampires. "Lyle said that you had information that could help us."

Godric nodded.

"I am much older than Eric." He starts with an apologetic smile. "I have accumulated a vast knowledge of many things surrounding our world."

"How old are you two exactly?" Sam questioned causing August to grin and laugh.

"I'm a little over 100 years. I'm considered a small child in vampire years."

"I am over 2,000." Godric said simply.

The kids gasped in awe. August couldn't help cooing over their surprised faces. Sam just stared in shock.

"Did you ever see any anyone famous? Like Elvis?!" Cody asked excitedly.

"Are you sad that you never got to try ice cream?" Lisa questioned.

August beamed at the kids before standing.

"Why don't we go help Lyle in the kitchen and I'll answer any question that pops in your head." He chirps leading the excited chattering children into the open kitchen.

Sam turned back to Godric still reeling from the teen's age.

"How young were you?" Sam asked cautiously.

Godric frowns tilting his head in mild curiosity.

"I do not know precisely. August believes I could have been anywhere between 15 and 18. He was 19. Our circumstances were very different and I will not discuss them with you." Godric says softly. "The creature you are here about is called a maenad."

"You know what they are?" Sam asked curiously.

"Do you know any Greek mythology Mr.Merlotte?" Godric asked.

"I can't say that I do beyond a few names." Sam shrugged wondering where he was going with the question.

Godric gave the wary man a soft smile before starting to explain.

" In mythology, the maenad were wild women who worshipped the god Dionysus. They embodied the more chaotic dominions of the wine god: madness, ritual sacrifice, and Ecstasy. The god himself was not a malicious one, but these followers took their devotion to such an extreme level that they overstepped the boundaries of the natural world. They became monsters that Dionysus was forced to shun because their practice had changed from worship and beguile to an obsessive desire for their god."

Sam sat in shock. He knew Maryann was insane, but he did not think it went this far. Godric took the man's silence as a sign to continue. Unknowing of the dilemma in the shifter's head.

"Their goal had shifted from simple praise to something more sacrilegious." The ancient vamp started before giving the shifter a wary look as if he knew exactly of Sam's past interactions with the woman. "They wanted to drag their god into a mortal form in order to wed and breed with him."

XOXOXOXOX

Lisa and Colby sat in wonder as August told them stories of his early vampire years. Lyle hummed as he stirred a pot on the stove.

Black Velvet (True Blood fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara