Time Bomb

August snarled snatching the crossbow from the man's hands only to smash it into the side of youth's head savagely. He cast it aside ignoring the screams of the other humans in their path.

"Bill!" He heard the Stackhouse girl cry in hope.

It was followed by a voice he had longed for since their last phone call.

"No. I'm here my child. My Love. Down here."

August and Eric rush through the door and down into the basement quickly coming upon the visage of Godric standing over the body of one of the fellowship's men.

"Godric." Eric breathes falling to his knees.

August kept his distance as his fingers clung to the fence like cell they stood within. He allowed himself to take in the wary burnt sugar and decay from the woman, the relieved icy sea of Eric, and the calm yet tainted honey of his lover. A shiver ran up his spine as his lover's eyes fell upon him. August bit his lip, unsure of what his next action should be. He glanced down at the still kneeling Eric who kept his head bowed and felt even more lost. Godric turned his attention to his progeny with a frown.

"You were a fool for sending humans after me." Godric told him.

"I had no other choice. These savages they... they seek to destroy you." Eric told him.

"I'm aware of what they've planned." Godric said before gesturing to the unconscious Hugo. "This one betrayed you. "

"He's with the fellowship. They set a trap for us." Sookie informed wrapping her arms tighter around herself.

August could see the shaky glance she spared the dead man and understood immediately what occurred before they arrived. For a moment he spared the girl some pity having been somewhere similar in his human life. If there was anything in this world that he hated more than the men that attempted to murder him, it was rapists or those with the intent.

"How long has it been since you've fed?" Eric asked his maker, completely ignoring Sookie.

"I require very little blood anymore. " Godric replied to him.

At that moment a shrill alarm started to blare. The vampires presence in the church was being made known.

"Save the human." Godric said glancing toward the door, momentarily at August, and then at a confused Sookie. "Go with him."

"I'm not leaving your side until you are..." Eric tried to protest but was immediately cut off.

"I can take care of myself." Godric gritted out to his stubborn progeny.

"Come on! We have to go." Sookie said urgently.

August had yet to move from his frozen position. His eyes still heavily fixed on Godric.

"Spill no blood on the way out." The older vampire said seriously to his child. "Go."

August glanced at Eric and Sookie's retreating forms before facing his lover once more. Godric turned to the younger with sorrowful eyes.

"My sunshine."

"My life."

Godric paused at his words. His eyes grew wide at the amount of love and hurt within them. The elder was slow to approach the younger; lifting an unsure hand to lightly caress a pale cheek.

"We must leave."

"I am aware."

They stared at one another for a few seconds more before the worried voice of Isabelle called out to them. She entered the room and gave a sigh of relief on seeing Godric alive and well. When she glanced down to see Hugo she gasped and rushed to kneel at his side.