Shake and Fingerpop

Lyle smiles thanking the delivery men again as they closed up the back of the truck.

"Are you sure you don't need help setting all this up?" One of the men ask.

"Positive." Lyle grins gesturing to himself and Kashmir as she hefted a bookcase into the house. "We can handle this."

"Ok, have a good day now." The man laughed hopping into the delivery truck and taking off down the long gravel driveway.

Lyle took a deep breath as he glanced around the room. Numerous boxes littered the floor just waiting to be opened. The ginger clapped his hands together with a determined gleam in his eyes.

"Ok Lyle, time to get to work." He said determinedly earning a laugh from August's PA.

Over the next few hours, They took everything out of the boxes, separated the furniture by room, and started setting up the kitchen area. Lyle was in the middle of putting away the new cookware when his phone rang. He put the pan he was holding in an open cabinet before moving to the center island to check the caller I.D. It was an unknown number, but Lyle decided to answer.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lyle?" A smooth deep voice asked.

Lyle blushed before replying.

"Yes, may I ask who this is?"

"I'm Alcide Herveaux from Herveaux Contracting. August call me and asked if I could check in on you and see if you needed any help. I'm also coming out to take measurements for his greenhouse." He explained.

"Really?" Lyle asked in a surprised tone.

"Yeah. I'm about 20 minutes away so I just called so you wouldn't be surprised."

"Ok, that's very considerate of you. I'll leave the door open for you then." Lyle chirped as he ended the call.

  Kashmir entered the room out of breath.  Her exposed skin glistened from the humid heat outside.  She only wore a pair of comfortable jean shorts and a tank top since she wasn't expecting to be anywhere else today.  Lyle glanced over, still curious about the man on the phone.

"Hey, Kash?"  He asked moving to her side after grabbing a bottle of water for her.

"Yes." She replied nodding in thanks as she gulped it down.

"Do you know an Alcide Herveaux?"

"Hot contractor?" Her husky voice perked up.

"I don't know about that, but he says he's on the way to measure for August's greenhouse."

  Kashmir laughed, giving Lyle a mischievous grin.

"You're in for a treat babe.  He's gorgeous."

  Kashmir started whistling as she left to fix up the basement master bedroom.

Lyle blushed as he pulled up the camera on his phone to check himself over. He was nervous and anxious to meet Alcide. His voice almost brought the ginger to his knees. He was nearly through his 20s and had not had much experience in love. He was hopeless at flirting and a nervous wreck around any pretty face that said hi to him. It was amazing that it only took a day of being around August to kill the crush he developed at the boutique. The vampire was obviously head over heels for someone else and had a petty vindictive nature. He was also a frustrated crier. Lyle was terrified when he got a skype request the night August left only to have a bloody-faced vampire telling him that he made it to Dallas and the furniture would be there in a day. He almost thought the teen vamp had been stabbed.