Burning House of Love

If there was one thing August hated above all else when it came to working a night at Fangtasia, it was door duty. He fucking hated door duty. Nothing ever happened beyond a few underage kids trying to get by with shitty id. August was bored and Pam was not helping.

"Lighten up will you." Pam sighed. "You're scaring away potential clientele."

August scoffed looking over a guy's id before letting him inside.

"Look who's talking. You and I both know that you would rather be tongue deep in some bar skank's snatch right now." He growled at his maker.

"Ooh someone is feisty this evening." She chuckled nodding a couple through. "What has gotten your panties in a twist?"

"Eric forced me to work all this week and then kicks me outside to be a fucking bouncer." August seethed.

"Well, at least I didn't have to force you to dress for the role." She snarked back.

August was dressed in a short black sleeveless leather romper unzipped to his collar bone. A pair of Christian Louboutin over the knee suede boots adorned his feet. His hair was haphazardly thrown up in a messy top knot and his makeup was done minimal and dark. 

"Love the boots, New?" Pam asked waving a desperate-looking fang banger through.

"Yes, courtesy of Eric's credit card." August smirked. "Best $2,195 he will ever spend."

"I trained you well." Pam chuckled patting his head like a puppy.

August turns his attention back to the parking lot when a familiar face approaches. He could smell the sweat and v wafting on him like cheap cologne. Jason walks up quickly to the front of the line. He stops at the red velvet rope separating him from Pam and August. He is dressed in a dark blue short-sleeved shirt, unbuttoned halfway, and looks around nervously before speaking.

"Hey." Jason said.

"Hi, Jason." August grinned.

Jason gave him a confused look. He looked the teen vamp over trying to recollect where he may have seen the other. August snorted at his helpless expression. Jason must have been craving V something fierce to show up here. It pissed him off that his little human pet project was so stupid and was taking V, but he didn't want to see him get maimed for that stupidity.

"August, from Merlotte's dear."

Recognition dawned on the blonde and he grinned pulling the brunette into a tight hug.

"Hey man good to see ya. Did you do something with your hair? You look great!" Jason grinned before turning to Pam not seeing the highly amused look on August's face.

"Your momma know you're out in the big city?" Pam asked.

"Well, my momma's dead." He replied back with a shrug.

"So am I. Let me see some ID." Pam replied bored.

Jason pulls out his ID and hands it to Pam. She looks at it and looks somewhat surprised at Jason.

"Jason Stackhouse, from Bon Temps?" She asked side eyeing August as the younger vamp grinned.

"Uh, huh." He nodded cutely. August couldn't help but imagine Jason as a wet puppy.

"You related to Sookie by any chance?" Pam asked cutting off August's daydreams of petting a dog-eared Jason.

"Uh, yeah. She's my sister. Well, how do you know her?" He asked a bit confused.