Sugar

The club was packed that night. August did not feel up to working the bar again so he resigned himself to sit at Eric's feet. Pam would be pissed about him sitting on the stage floor and getting the white, mid-thigh length, high ruffle collared, and sleeveless blouse dirty. He laid his head against the blonde's knee as he played resident evil on his cell phone. Leon was a sexy fucker even in pixilated form. He had just shot two flight attendant zombies in the head when a message popped up on his screen. He paused his game to open it and smiled. It was Godric.

'Good evening little one I have a surprise for you.'

He sat up and immediately started to text him back asking what it was. He let out a very excited squeal upon Godric's answer, startling the group of young girls fawning over him from the front of the stage. Eric, curious over the teen's change of attitude, also glanced down at the brunette. He snatched the phone from the cheerful vampire's hands earning a whine of despair from the teen. He looked at the phone to see a picture of his maker holding up two tickets. He tried to read what they were for but was prevented from doing so by the eternal teen jumping into his lap and snatching it back. He typed a reply to Godric before stuffing his phone back into his black leather shorts.

"You want to tell me what you and Godric are up to?" Eric questioned as he adjusted himself on his throne to accommodate the new weight in his lap.

"Godric got us tickets to Jack's 3rd Show!" August grinned up at the elder vamp. "I told him about it ages ago and completely forgot about it."

Eric gave August a blank stare before rolling his eyes at the boy.

"You two are far too childish about these things." Eric snorted.

August whipped his phone back out and hit the speed dial for Godric. His smile grew as he heard the other line pick up.

"Hello, August."

"GODRIC DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!" August squealed causing Eric to wince and shove the smaller male off his lap roughly.

August laughed landing on his feet on the floor below the stage. He turned back blowing a kiss to Eric before making his way to the office.

"I thought you said you were going to be busy tonight." August said.

"I am, but I figured I deserved a break." Godric replied. "I want to spend that break with you."

August smiled at his words. He plopped himself on Eric's desk and sighed.

"So when are we leaving?"

"You will take a flight out tomorrow night; the concert is in a week so we can spend some time together here in Dallas before flying to California." Godric replied. "

"It sounds an awful lot like your using me to get out of sheriff duties." August laughed.

"I have no clue what you mean little one." Godric smiled.

August laughed but agreed to the arrangement. They spoke for a little longer before August hung up. He was incredibly excited. The brunette rushed back into the club and up to Eric. Eric gave him an amused smile as he waited for August to speak.

"So I need to go out of town for a week or so." August grinned.

"Do you?" Eric replied. "What do I get in return for letting you off work?"

August snorted.

"Technically I do not work here I just help out, and you have plenty of pole sluts that can take a break from dancing to carry a tray or two."