Scratches

August knew it would happen sooner or later. His Maker was getting more and more irritated with him as time had passed. She finally managed to corner him at the club that night.

"Cut the bullshit and answer every fucking question I ask or I will force you." She snapped as she towered over his seated form.

August had no desire to have his control taken away so he nodded and settled back for a talk that could possibly ruin his childe maker relationship.

"Besides your boyfriend's disappearance, what the fuck has put you in such a piss attitude this past month?"

August shifted uneasily before avoiding his maker's eyes. He didn't want to admit everything, but he also knew that Pam would know if he left anything out."

"That girl." He finally said. "She reeks of death and chaos."

Pam was confused. She had a good whiff of the little human and nothing about her smelled bad. In fact, she smelled enticing. However, as she glanced over her childe's face she knew whatever he was talking about may not have been what she thought.

"A little after my 100th year my senses started to shift. Instead of a person's blood, I started to smell something else. I'm still not 100% on what exactly it is that I am scenting." August admitted. "Godric already knows this and was looking into it for me."

Pam was confused at his words but did not speak.

"She smells like rotten fruit and burned bone. Her blood smells sweet, but whatever this thing is I smell on her repels me completely."

There was a few moments of silence before Pam spoke.

"Why have you been so rebellious with Eric and what do I smell like to you?"

August knew she would ask the first question, but the second threw him off. He pulled his legs up beneath him on the leather couch and wrapped his arms around himself. This talk was uncomfortably and soul-bearing. Two things he did not like to associate himself with.

"You smell like ice." August started. "Ice and figs and cardamom. It's sharp yet warm and spicy. As for Eric.....his scent is changing because of her. Normally he smells of ash and the sea, but since he took an interest in her it's shifting. He is shifting and I don't like it."

Bloody tears of frustration started to trail down his cheeks by this point.

"Our family is changing for the worst and I need someone to blame, why not the freak?"

After nearly 20 minutes of silence, they were interrupted by the sound of screeching tires and blood in the air. Pam sneered recognizing just whose blood it was.

"What now?" She sighed in irritation.

Eric walked from his office with a casual pace as Bill entered the club in a panic with a seizing blonde in his arms.

"Eric Sookie needs help!" Bill growled causing Eric's brow to raise.

"You will owe me."

"Yes! Now please help her!"

Eric pulled out his phone and dialed before moving back to his office so he could speak without Sookie screaming in the background. Pam patted August on the head before moving to the bar to watch Bill try and comfort his human. August stood from the couch at Bill's approach and moved to sit on the bar beside his maker.

August zoned out as he traded texts with Lyle about his unpacking. Before he knew it a familiar woman had walked into the club and immediately went to work looking over the blonde with a putout sneer on her face. Sookie looked at the woman in bleary confusion.