Believer

"So Bill..."  August started casually as they reached the tribunal grounds. "On a scale from one to ten how fucked do you think your going to be?"  

 Bill scowled and continued to ignore him.

"I think you are 'bent over spelling run' at the moment."  The teen vamp grinned.  

 Eric smirked tugging the smaller male to his side.

"Now now August, no need to rile him up before his trial."  He said patting the brunette on the head.

 August grinned up at Eric before skipping ahead to Pam.  He started to rattle off various designers who had recently released new shoe lines and begging Pam to come with him.  He quieted down once they reached the edge of the tribunal grounds and smirked at the sight of another vampire having its fang ripped out.

"You fed on a human that belonged to another. Three months of starving till your fangs grow back will teach you better manners. Brothers and sisters of the tribunal, is this fair? Is this just?"  The Magister Drawled looking through his phone as he spoke to the crowd.

The vampires cheered and Bill looked around in unease.  

"Now, Luisa, the other one, please. From the root."  He said casually.

Luisa gripped the vampire's fang with a pair of pliers before ripping the fang out and dramatically casting it aside.  August laughed at the scene promising himself to actually hang out with the short haired vampiress in the future.

"Sentence passed and executed. The trial is concluded. Best of luck. Moving on. This looks interesting. Eric Northman, sheriff of Area 5."  The magister called causing Eric to move forward.

"Magister."  Eric answered.

"Well, then. Bring me your murderer."  The magister requested.

 Bill walked forward after a harsh shove from August.  He cautiously walked into the open for all to see him.

"You are here on charges of murdering one of our own for a human.  Explain yourself Mr.Compton." The Magister drawled giving Bill a dead eyed stare.  

"Longshadow was choking the girl and would have killed her."  Bill immediately tried to defend.

"So you murdered a higher life form for the sake of your pet. You broke an ancient and fundamental law. You decreased our numbers at a critical time on our history. Very bad. Very, very bad."  The Magister Chastised.  

"Magister, Long Shadow broke the law first. She was mine and he knew it. He would have killed her and fed from her."  Bill said desperately.  

"Hello, human. Irrelevant. Happens every day."  The Magister snarked drawing laughter from the crowd of vampires.

"He was stealing from Eric."  Bill said with certainty.

 August smile dropped.  Well shit Bill managed to save his ass.  August gave a dejected sigh drawing a look of confusion from Chow.  August glanced at the other vampire before sticking out his tongue in a mocking gesture.

"Sheriff?"  The magister turned to Eric to confirm the statement

.

"Yes, Magister, it's true. Longshadow was a thief and a liar. He was hurting my business."  Eric admitted reluctantly, probably just as upset as August but hiding it better.  

"The business part, that is a serious offense."  The magister said gravely.

"And it was the human who exposed Longshadow."  Bill said with a bit more confidence before turning to the viking. "Would you tell him, Eric?"