Home

"I still don't understand why you both refuse to stay here." Eric said from his perch on August's chaise.

"I already told you that Godric bought me a house just outside the city. I want to live there with him." August sighed gathering the last of his belongings from his closet and placing them in a large box.

"And that stray you picked up." Eric scoffed. "Was the petty human not enough?"

August gave Eric a knowing smile.

"Lyle is not a stray Eric.  And Kash is only slightly petty" He said picking up the box and moving to his lover's side who waited by the door with another large box in his arms. "They are my companions. You have Ginger and I have them."

Eric scowled at his words and stood following the couple out of the suite and down the to the garage. The Viking kept watching as the two loaded the boxes and hopped into the sports coupe.

"If you're so worried why don't you come by later on." August grinned out of the driver's side door.

"Count on it." Eric nodded as the teen vamp started the car, sharing a meaningful look with his maker over the faded-haired vampire's head.

He stepped back watching the firebird take off down the drive. He was in no way happy about the situation, but he would not go against his maker's wishes. Especially not considering the events in Dallas and the fact that he nearly lost him.

_________________________________________________

The two were silent as August drove down the highway humming along to the pop song on the radio. Godric smiled tightening the grip he had on the teen's hand. His beautiful Sun was alive but still broken under the surface. There was a storm of conflict in those chocolate eyes. August had spilled so much about his feelings on the roof. He knew that they had barely skimmed the surface of their issues.

"Eric mentioned him but I'm not exactly sure who this 'Lyle' you spoke of is." Godric said curiously.  "Kashmir is delightful so I'm sure he will be as well."

August giggled tilting his head toward the elder as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Officially I made him my business partner in the boutique, unofficially he is one of my day men with Kash and takes care of the house when I sleep. They decorated while I was in Dallas."

"Is he..." Godric trailed off.

"If you're trying to ask if he is a fang banger, then no." August laughed. "Just a perky human with unbelievably soft curls."

"I see." Godric replied with a strained smile.

__________________________________________________

Lyle shifts anxiously from one foot to the other as August's Firebird pulled up to the house. A wide grin stretched across his face as he took in the eternal teen, but a curious look entered his eyes when he noticed the shorter figure. August exited the car and beamed at his human companion. Lyle rushed forward but stalled just short of reaching the ash-haired vamp. He looked as if he desperately wanted to hug the male but didn't know if it was ok. He settled for a shy grin and a slight wave.

"Welcome home August."

August's brow rose as a knowing grin stretched across his face. He crossed the foot between them pulling the human into a tight embrace.

"I missed you Gingersnap!" August squealed nuzzling Lyle's curls affectionately. "Did you miss me too?"

"Of course I did! How could you send that god in a flannel shirt here!? I didn't think I would survive that perfection  Kashmir kept making fun of me!" Lyle fussed gripping August's arms as he bounced in place.