Frenzy

"I'm so happy you decided to help Lyle! You are a lifesaver!" August gushed into the phone.

He received the call from Alcide not long after the lovers' return. Godric had given August a strained smile of understanding before moving down into their bedroom in search of his childe's scent. When he reached the room he came upon Eric contemplating August's framed form.

"If he wasn't so prone to hysterical outbursts he would be perfect." Eric announced.

"He is already perfect." Godric replied seating himself in one of the cushioned chairs.

"You are biased." Eric smirks.

"As are you." Godric said knowingly. "You only call him hysterical because he does not cling to your every word and challenges your authority when your actions cross over his morals. August is the vampire we should strive to be and humans should be aware of."

Eric gave his maker a calculating stare as he moved to sit beside the elder.

"He is just as vicious as you use to be and you want humans to think he is the perfect example of a modern vampire? He killed a bunch of men before we left for Dallas you know."

"I am aware." Godric frowned. "I also know that these men were thieves and rapists."

Eric sighs leaning back lazily.

"That explains a lot."

Godric eyes him curiously.

"What do you mean?"

"Has August ever told you about his human life?"

Godric's brows rose as he thought. In all honesty, neither August nor Godric spoke of their human lives to one another. Every now and then something slips out, but beyond the eternal teen's family and where his former home resides Godric did not know or ask about his human life.

"No."

Eric shook his head in disbelief before speaking once more.

"I think there is a lot more than Dallas for the two of you to speak of."

~*~

August had just hung up with Alcide when his phone rang out startling Lyle. August glanced at the ID before quickly answering.

"Jessi? You ok doll?"

August could hear sniffles and soft crying through the receiver. Worry crept up his spine when the girl couldn't answer him through her sobbing.

"Are you at home sweetie? Did something happen? Is Bill not with you? Is Bill the cause? Say the word and I will come to get you baby doll."

There was a breathy pause before he finally received an answer.

"Get...me." She managed through her tears.

"Already out the door." August reassured before handing the phone to Lyle. "Stay on the phone with her. Either try to keep her calm or distract her. If Godric asks tell him I went to get Jessica."

August rushed out of the house without a backward glance leaving a perplexed human in his wake. It took him a little under 10 minutes to reach the dilapidated mansion Compton was slowly restoring. The door was unlocked so he let himself in and followed the scent of dried blood up to the familiar bathroom. Within the tub Jessica sat, still clothed, as the water tinted pink with both her tears and a human's blood. August sat on the edge, taking the phone from her shaking hand and thanked Lyle for staying on the phone, before carding his fingers through the teen's tangled red locks.

"What happened little sister?" He asked softly.

"I did something stupid." She choked out leaning into his touch.