Chapter 31

Louraine

"Shit, I'll never drink again." I cursed myself as I feel my hangover. Ugh! Ni hindi nga ako naka sampung baso, why is it that my alcohol tolerance is so low?

Agad akong napatingin sa suot ko at hindi naman iyon nagbago. Nagtatakang tumayo ako at nagpuntang banyo. Napatingin ako sa babaeng nasa salamin. Her hair's a mess, she looks...horrible. I mean, halatang halata na nag-inom ako. Ugh.

I hurriedly fixed myself and shook my head. Hindi pa ako tapos magbihis ng mapatili ako. There are...there are bites on my neck and on my...my chest.

"What the hell happened to m-me?" I almost shouted. I mean, yes I was drunk. Naalala ko pa yung part na nagpaalam ako kila Syc and when I went to the bathroom. After that...after that...

Ano bang nangyare?

Shit! Ang gaga ko! Don't tell me may kumagat sa akin? What the hell Louraine? Kumagat? I mean...ugh! Naf-frustrate ako! Anong nangyare pagkatapos ko mag-cr.

And speaking...paano ako nakauwi in the first place? No one knew that I'm in this hotel room. I told no one, I'm sure. Sinong naghatid sa akin? Ugh! Mababaliw na ata ako!

I finished clothing and picked up my stringbag then went out. Today I planned to go around here. Somehow, I missed Manila. Nang makaramdam ako ng gutom ay agad akong pumunta sa isang simpleng karinderya. I kind of missed the viands here. Instead of going to fancy restaurants, siguro mas mae-enjoy ko dito. I'm tired of burgers and pasta and pizzas.

Hindi ko alam kung asyumera lang ba ako o may nasunod talaga sa akin kanina pa. It's really strange. I hate the feeling of being followed. So as I walked out of the karinderya, tumakbo ako. I can move freely 'cause I'm just wearing comfortable clothes like shorts and a simple v-neck shirt. Tumakbo lang ako at ramdam ko talaga na may nakasunod.

Nakarating ako sa isang mall. Wow! Ganon na ba ako kalayo tumakbo? I went inside and when I got distracted to a certain show, nalimutan ko na ang iniisip ko kanina.

It's a singing contest for children having the age of 7 to 10. Napahinto ako sa paglalakad at tumitig lang doon. I liked kids. Second choice ko noon ang maging teacher. Wala, I just love teaching kids some valuable lessons and telling them stories. I like the sound of their giggles and hearing their fairy tales stories. I also like the feeling of holding tiny hands.

But one thing caught my attention. It's him.

It's Yuean.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ayaw maalis ng tingin ko sakaniya. He was smiling at a little girl which looks a little bit of him. Maybe she joined the contest? She was smiling as he welcomed her in his arms when she went running down to him from the stage. Hindi ko alam, napapangiti ako. Anong nangyayari sa akin?

He then held her in his arms as she opened a lollipop given by him. They looked...cute.

The it hit me.

Is she his daughter?

Nawala bigla ang ngiti sa mukha ko. Maybe...maybe she is. They looked...so much alike. She got his nose and his lips but her eyes are blue. She also got his smooth and shiny hair and his complexion.

Why the hell am I irritated?

Iniling ko ang ulo ko saka pinilit na tanggalin ang simangot at kunot ng noo ko. Hell, I don't have any reasons to feel like this! It's been three years.

Yet you still have feeling for him?

No. Stop it. Don't even think about it.

Admit it.