Part 23

I dragged Neji to a secluded area in the forest; it was dawn and the sun was already setting. 

"Sorry, I did that" I said to him embarrassed. He glared at me, but his eyes soften. He sighed and looked down.

"It's alright," he murmured, I smiled. "I should get going now," he replied about to walk off. I grabbed his arm. 

"We need to make this look like a real date, I swear they're watching us." I whispered.  "Come." I started walking off with his hand in mine, he was blushing and so was I. I led him to a cliff and sat on the edge, I patted the spot beside me and he sat.  "So, what's your name?" I asked laying my head on his shoulder. He stiffened. 

"Neji Hyuga, and you?" He asked, I smiled. 

"Miku Hatake," I whispered.

"Gai-sensei's rival's daughter?" Neji asked looking at me, I nodded. 

"Yea," I whispered, we looked at the sun set. 

"You do realize this is like a real date right?" Neji said. 

"Oh, it is?" I said, I smiled. "Good."

"Good?" He asked confusedly. I blushed. 

"Well, I've never been on a date before.  . So now I guess I have." I said, he looked at me. The sun was gone; we were staring at each others eyes. 

"Neji," I said getting his attention. 

"Hmm?" He asked.

"You're going to be my new friend. . .Alright?" I asked. 

"Sure," he said, I smiled. Suddenly fireflies started coming out lighting the area. I smiled in awe. One of the fireflies came and landed on my mask, suddenly all rushed to my mask. 

"No, no off." I muttered. I smelled something burning. . .MY MASK. My mask burnt off. I grabbed Neji before he could see me, I guess I grabbed him to hard or at the wrong angle. . .Because.....

I felt. . . 

My. . . . 

Lips. . . On his, once we parted I dug my face in his shirt. 

"My mask burnt off," I whispered. 

*Third person pov* 

Kakashi, Gai, Anko and Asuma were watching their supposed date. 

"No, no, get off." They heard Miku say, fireflies were on her mask.

"Oh no, her mask is flammable." Kakashi whispered.  Kakashi saw her mask burn off, and knew what she was aiming to do. . .But instead they kissed. Kakashi's eyes widen. 

"That mothe-" He started to yell, he was held back by Asuma and Gai. Anko was covering his mouth. 

"Well, that little chimp wasn't lying." Anko murmured. 

"I can't see her face though." Asuma added. They all pouted.