Goodbye, Hello (7)

Goodbye, Hello

      “A limo! OMG!” Chloe cried, squealing as she stuck her head out of the rough and then coming back in with windswept hair and a giant smile on her face.

       We all laughed while Lesley called her a “very special child” and then gave her a kiss when she began to pout. “Don’t worry babe” Lesley said with a wink “Being special means that you’ll have me at your beck and call.”

      Chloe let a small smile slip on to her lips as she replied “Awesome.”

      Laughing softly Maria spoke up “You guys are worse than me and Abi, we never thought that’d be possible! It annoys me a bit cause we’ve been beaten out of...” Maria paused “awkward PDA’s” She finished with an American accent.

      Feigning shock I pounced on Maria “How can you say such a thing! We are the most awkward PDA-ers in the world!” And with that I kissed her.

      Only for a short time though, then I pulled back.

      “But don’t ever speak American again, it’s embarrassing.” I giggled, sitting us back up.

      Dylan sighed sadly, grabbing everyone’s attention immediately. Rochelle was the first to speak “Munchkin, what’s wrong? Are you OK? What’s wrong?”

      Smiling softly Dylan squeezed Rochelle’s hand, letting her know that she was fine. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like that, it’s just....I’m gonna miss you.” She said, looking at me directly, her eyes shining slightly.

      Rochelle wrapped her arms around her waist and kissed her cheek softly. “I know, we all do, to think we’ve only known each other two days and we’ve already told each other everything!”

      And before I knew it, everyone one of us was wrapped up together hugging and crying and saying I love you’s A LOT. I felt like I was in a fricking Home and Away episode! Yeah I watch Home and away, it’s epic, deal with it.

      “Oh My God, we are so lame!” John said, biting his lip and blinking his eyes to stop himself from crying again.

       Ryan chuckled and kissed his cheek “No babe, you’re lame the rest of us are epic ninjas.”

      We all chuckled croaky and squeaky laughs seeing as all of us were still clogged with tears, ugh how depressing.

      “Miss Chambers, we have arrived.” My driver Bernie said, his awesome Manchester accent somewhat chocked with tears too. I always loved Bernie; he was my adoptive Father really. I even called him Dad sometimes.

      Every one of us climbed out of the limo, all of us grabbed a piece of my luggage and walked into the airport. I couldn’t help but notice that Bernie was with us too, which made me smile.

      Walking towards the gate, I felt my legs turn weak and I found myself tightly holding Maria to my side, holding my body up against hers.

      “Abi, are you OK? You don’t look so good?” Maria asked, her voice dripping with concern as she quickly and carefully walked me to a seat.

      Nodding my head slowly I replied “I-I’m fine, it’s just...um, I didn’t really have the whole...leaving thing sink in, b-but it’s just sunk in now...I’ll just need a minute.” Putting my head in my hands I breathed softly calming myself down, it took me a while to realize that I had been moved so my head was leaning against Maria’s chest.