The Battle (Part 2) (25)

The end is near guys! Gosh, I've been writing this so long! Thank you all for the continuous support! I love you all <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battle (Part 2)

      “Who would have thought?” She sneered as I took a blow to the chest, having the air knocked right out of me. “Who would have thought the supposed Chamber descendant with the ultimate power hardly knows how to protect the one she loves let alone herself?”

      Glaring, I whipped the blood from my lip and snapped. “I can protect everyone I love. I WILL protect everyone I love!” But she just laughed.

      “You don’t know the prophecy do you?” I frowned at her words. That just made her laugh again. “She’s going to die!” She pointed to the silent body on the ground “And there’s nothing you can do about it.” 

      Why the hell wasn’t I told about this?! It’s ridiculous! Why is she doing this? Why couldn’t I help? Why does there have to be a one-to-one battle! Why did it have to be Jasmine? Why couldn’t it have been me?!

      That’s when Lizzie’s words echoed through my head ‘This is being done for you! And what happens today is meant to happen

      I felt sick.

      My body felt like it was shutting down.

      Jasmine had lied.
      Nothing was going right.

      Jasmine had lied.

      Looking around me I watched as warriors fell, watched as people lost their loved ones for a battle that should never have existed.

      Tears fell from my eyes as every heart in this wore broke in two. Tears fell as I watched Suzie break down as she held a dying Brittany in her arms. Tears fell as Chloe jumped in front of the sword meant for Lesley. Tears fell for every person who fell. Tears fell for the innocence lost.

      I have to stop her.

      “No.” A voice said, grabbing me by the arms. “As much as you want to, I was instructed not to let you go.”

      My arms were grid locked, pinned tightly enough so I couldn’t break free. But I didn’t need to see who it was, I could tell just by the sound of her voice.

      “Why are you doing this Lizzie?” I whispered “We made a promise that we would look after each other. Why did that have to change now?”

      She sighed softly and loosened her grip slightly. “I know, and I am sorry. I just don’t have a choice in the matter. But trust me it’s killing me to do this, seeing the future can be a gift just most of the time it’s a curse. It leads to sad and lonely life to see everything. The good and the bad.”

      Looking up at the sky I blinked quickly as to make sure the tears didn’t fall.

      “You know, we were friends before the whole memory whipping stuff.” Lizzie said softly, her fingers entwining with mine.

      I smiled “I remember. We used to tell each other everything. We talked about girls we liked and played games with our powers. We were inseparable.”

      “Yeah, we were. It was only natural that I fell in love with you, only to be the friend who watched as you fell in love with your soul mate.” Her head lent back against mine as she sighed gently “It was heartbreaking, but I stood by you no matter what. Even when you told me your plans with Isobella.”