Secrets (17)

• Dedicated to Jess Gregory

Secrets

Jasmine P.O.V

      “Jasmine what’s with this obsession with lilies, it’s getting fucking ridiculous, anyway you said you were going to Emma’s room today, what gives?” Tasha asked, flicking a piece of blonde hair out of her green eyes.

      I looked at her and smiled “Do you even need to ask where I’m going? Babe, you are my best friend, but you really need to listen more.” 

      Tasha laughed “I know douche bag, you are taking flowers to your beloved Abigail! Oh great cupid, you have cast a spell on they friend!” Rising off the ground, her wings pounded the air and with a salute to me she flew to the canteen.

      “I’m not in love dumb ass! It’s called being awesome!” I laughed, continuing my journey to what we like to call the requirement room.

      It sounds like we are all stupid as fuck for using a Harry Potter idea for it, but who cares, it’s awesome!

      On my way down I heard voices echoing down the halls, but seeing as everyone is in the canteen and the requirement room is on the other side of campus, it must be coming from the people inside.

      “Rick I can’t keep this a secret from her! You know I can’t lie to people, let alone my best friend for that matter! Why can’t she know the truth-?”

      “No!” Rick yelled, I was surprised to hear him raise his voice. Especially at someone like Lizzie, she’s a kind girl, but whatever is happening can’t be good.

      Wait. Her best friend?

      I froze to the spot. Something was wrong with Abi, but they couldn’t tell her. Moving slowly and cautiously I made sure to block my mind so Rick wouldn’t hear my thoughts and Lizzie wouldn’t see that I had made it my plan to eavesdrop. But I had to know what was happening. 

      “Elizabeth, we can’t tell Abi. It could kill her! This isn’t the sort of thing to be taken lightly, only when the time comes will she be able to known the truth about her full abilities. When the battle comes, she’ll discover them.” Rick’s words were calm and wise, but even I felt chilled by what he said.

      At the mention of the word battle I saw the instant glimmer of fear in Lizzie’s eyes “But Rick, what is she’s not prepared. She doesn’t know how to fight, and those will be new gifts. She can only just control these ones, how will she cope with the ultimate ability? The last person with great power like that was driven insane by the intensity. I don’t want to lose her Rick” Her voice cracked “I can’t lose her.”

      Rick sighed solemnly and placed a hand on her back “I know Lizzie, I know. But this battle is written in her future. That’s what she saw in her vision. She saw the future. Her ancestor’s are warning her. They all have her gifts; they were all marked for greatness. Her parents just could not accept that responsibility and refused it. That’s why they never received a gift. That’s why they faked their daughter’s death; they couldn’t allow her to follow in their family’s destiny. But no matter how they tried, it wouldn’t work.”

      I clamped a hand over my mouth to keep from swearing like crazy. Seriously, what sort of parents fakes their own daughter’s death just so she won’t follow a destiny?

      Fucking insane parents!

      All super natural’s have some sort of a destiny. Mine is to rid my sister’s evil from this world. I hadn’t seen my sister for over a thousand years until recently she turned up out of the blue. That’s how I knew my destiny was following me back again, needing for it to be done.