Prepare for Battle (23)

I know it's been a long time, its unfair to you guys! But I've recently started college and I have a lot of work to do, but I swear I will update as quick as I can! I love you guys <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepare for Battle

      She looked me in the eye as the blood ran down her face, her breath was jagged and short, I knew it was only a matter of time.

      I couldn’t lose her now, not when we had only just come together again. Those beautiful eyes fluttered and then she crumbled to the ground….and didn’t get back up.

      “If we give the shape-shifters their cover here” Lizzie said, pointing to the overgrown forest of the battle ground. “We know that Isobella’s warriors won’t be using this area for defence, that’s when we use the element of surprise. Then we can” She continued to talk strategy as those around her prepared themselves.

      The witches and wizards held open the portal to the battle ground, a dimension in which no person on earth would be affected. On the other side weapons and practices undertook as everyone prepared themselves.

      “With the vampires, werewolves, wizards and witches in the centre we can have the centaurs and the pixies come from the left and right to trap them due to the position of the shape-shifters.” Jasmine explained to the group, her red hair tied up in a pony-tail with her battle gear on.

      “But what happens with the one-on-one?” Rochelle asked, the thought process ruining across her blue eyes.

      I was confused. “What one-on-one battle?” I asked back, completely unaware of any battle that consisted of just two. As far as I knew there was only one battle.

      They went silent. It was clear that they hadn’t meant for me to hear about this. That was made obvious when Dylan hit Rochelle and muttered angry nothings.

      “Seriously guys, I thought we were passed all the secrets?” I said, only just managing to pass over hysteria. Turning to Jasmine my eyebrows creased “What’s going on?”

      Her eyes wouldn’t meet mine.

      “I can’t have you hate me again Abi, so I can’t tell you” She whispered, turning to walk through the portal.

      The others followed one by one, all unable to look me in the eye. Eliza and Lizzie were about to follow through when Lizzie stopped and whispered something in her ear.

      Nodding Eliza walked through, leaving only us.

      “You know I’m not going to tell you, you can beg or cry or whatever all you like but this is for your own good.” She glared her hands on her hips. “You will NOT make us feel guilty about this Abi, you won’t! This is being done for you! And what happens today is meant to happen!”

      The room began to tremble as her emotions built up; I had never found a way to control her powers except with the unicorns.

      Walking up to her I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her tightly “I understand.”

      The tremors stopped and Lizzie calmed, it took a while but eventually we walked through the portal together, preparing ourselves for what was in store.