Death and it's Family (27)

Don't worry this is not the last chapter! An epilogue is on it's way! I hope you enjoy and thank you for taking this journey with me! I love you all very much!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death and its Family

      My body was numb. My body was cold. My body was paralyzed. I was lifeless. Jasmine lay dead at my side. It’s a funny word dead. It means so many different things.

      No longer alive. Losing sensations; numb. No longer having a life. Absolutely dead. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.

      I might as well be dead too. There isn’t a single difference between Jasmine and I. It would be easier just to be apart of her and be with her with ever she is. Everything would be so much simpler, and I could be with her forever. No one would mourn me because they would know I’d be happy.

      “Abi!” A frightened voice cried through the howl of rain. “Abi, where are you?”

      Holding tightly to Jasmine’s body I waited for the voice to disappear so whoever it was would just leave her alone to grieve in peace.

      “Abi, its Lizzie!” She yelled “I know what happened and I know what you are thinking, but please, don’t do it! Jasmine couldn’t be saved, but you can! Just think what Jasmine would want you to do!”

      She was right, of course. Jasmine wouldn’t want me to end my life just because she doesn’t have hers anymore. She would want me to live my life to the fullest. I just don’t know if I can without her by my side.

      “Abi!” Lizzie cried, her voice and racing footsteps nearing me. “Please, I know it’s hard, but we all lost something or someone today!”

      “Suzie lost Brittany. John lost his brother, and Ryan lost John. Rochelle lost her sight; Dylan lost her ability to walk. Chloe lost her arm and Lesley lost her voice. You lost Jasmine, I lost… Eliza.” Her voice broke a little, but she continued anyway “Abi, we are your friends! We can stick together as one like we always have done.”

      Wrapping my fingers in Jasmine’s clothing I cried quietly to myself. There had been so much loss, so much that shouldn’t have ever happened. “Please don't go away” I whispered “I need you now.” Nuzzling my head into her neck my breath caught in my throat.

      Nothing came to my mind, accept for one thing.

      A song.

      “I love you so,” I sang“Always know, I love you so, oh goodbye. I love you so, I love you so, I love you so, I love you so….Goodbye golden eyes, Goodbye my love.”

      I can’t remember what happened next. The last thing I remember was Lizzie rushing towards me as my world went black.

------------------ 

      “Has she woken yet?” A soft, sad voice whispered. Her voice was like velvet, but the sound of sadness was heartbreaking.

      A man sighed pitifully “Sorry miss, there hasn’t been a change since you last asked.”

      “Oh.” Was all she could say.

      A chair creaked, scraped and echoed around as the mystery woman sat and took my hand. “You have to wake up soon, it’s been two months. I’ve missed you.” She drew small circles across my fingers and palm. “We won’t have the funeral without you; you would never forgive us if we did.”