Everything's Changing (19)

Everything’s Changing

      The library was exactly the calming nature I needed. No one was there to bother me; there were no secrets (except for the one where Katniss was lying to Peter about her feelings – bitch!) everything was just…calm.

      A sudden weight fell onto my shoulder and I turned to find a sleeping Jasmine. Her glasses had fallen down her nose and the messy bun was loosed at the nape of her neck.

      She looked as peaceful as I felt.

      Not wanting to disturb her sleep I allowed her to stay there while I continued to read. It had been clear to me that she needed a good nights sleep; I wondered to myself what had been keeping her awake at night.

      “Abi...” She sighed, her hand instinctively reached for mine. I smiled softly and her behaviour. Who would have thought that someone like Jasmine would be this sweet?

      That’s when I heard footsteps coming into the room.

      Looking up I saw Lizzie standing there, her face confused but she was smiling.

      Putting a finger to my lips I moved Jasmine’s sleeping form carefully, laying her head down on the pillow. Taking off my jacket I laid it over the top of her as a blanket. I ignored the silent laughter from Lizzie as I did so.

      Motioning for her to follow me to the other side of the library we walked in silence.

      “I’m sorry about earlier” Lizzie whispered when we had reached the other side. She held her arms limply by her side and she refused to look at me. “It was uncalled for and out of line to say that to you.”

      Smiling softly I embraced her in a hug, exhaling in relief when I felt her relax. “You don’t need to apologise, I shouldn’t have been such a bitch to you.”

      Pulling back I kissed her forehead “Thank you for being an amazing friend” I whispered, hugging her again. “Sorry for being a crappy one.”

      Chuckling she replied “Apology accepted.”

      We both laughed, trying our hardest not to get in trouble with the now glaring librarian.

      “So what’s new with Jasmine then?” Lizzie asked, amusement glimmering in her eyes as I groaned in despair at her question.

      Flicking her nose I replied “She’s nice. Guess we are sort of friends now.” I laughed softly “Who would have thought me and Jasmine would ever be friends?”

      Lizzie laughed too, but it was more like her laughter was forced which was odd.

      But I let it slide.

      “There are a lot of things changing about that girl” I mused, thinking about all the things that have happened between now and before. “Everything’s changing and it’s freaking weird! I mean who would have thought there’d be this….kind side to someone like her?”

      Staying silent Lizzie looked like she was in deep thought. What ever was troubling her mind must be serious because she was glaring at the ground and frowning.

      I shook her shoulder gently, trying to snap her out of it. That was when I realised what was happening.

      She was having a vision.

      “No.” Lizzie growled, her voice not her own. “Destruction. Disaster. A choice between two lovers. One leading to truth, hope and the light. The other to lies, hatred and darkness. So much heart ache, so much love.”