Jasmine (20)

I know you guys may have been waiting for this chapter, so enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmine

 Jasmine

      I could see that just thinking where to start was difficult for Jasmine, guilt immediately flowed through me at the knowledge that it was my fault that she had to revisit her past.

      Sitting down next to her I didnât know what I should do, it was clear she was struggling.

      Taking her hands in mine she turned to look at me, confused at what I was doing. Smiling gently at her I began to massage small circles into her hands. "Just take your time, Kay?" I said, moving slightly closer to her on the bed.

      She nodded and smiled at me.

      Closing her eyes for a moment or two she opened them to look me deeply in the eye. "I've never always been this way, you know? I actually used to be nice and kind, like Lizzie and Eliza. I'd do my best with my education, never get out of control with my vampire powers, and I was in love."

      "It wasn't really that long ago, only a couple of years in fact. But I don't think she could even remember it now, because of what my sister did." She looked away, her voice had been shaking as she spoke, it was clear she needed just a moment to collect herself.

      "I still can't understand why my sister could do such a thing to me. We'd always been in competion with each other; you know sibling rivalry and all that. It wasn't until our parents were killed did we know how much rivalry there would be between us. Only one of us would be able to have control of our heritage, and she believed that it should be her."

      Jasmine sighed and removed one of her hands from mine and held it her forehead as if just thinking about her passed was too much.

      Touching her cheek I turned her to look back at me and I smiled reassuringly "Don't worry OK? Everything's fine, its all in the past. I'm here so just take your time."

      Wrapping her arms tightly around me Jasmine pulled me into a warm hug and I could instantly feel her relax into the hug and me, she was calm.

      "I know you are here, and I'm so glad that you are." She whispered.

      Leaving the hug she took my hands in hers and took a deep breath. "I never wanted apart of our heritage; in fact I was trying to find a cure to become human so I could stay with my love. It wasn't until I found the cure that I was told that because I am the oldest sibling it was my birth right to withhold the heritage. As soon as I was about to decline and pass it onto my sister she declared war against me."

      "First of all I thought she was only joking, it wasn't until she had turned half the vampire existence against me did I know that she was very serious. So many times I tried to find her and tell her what I was going to do, but she would never listen to reason. She told me that I was evil and that I had taken away the only thing that mattered to her because I never wanted her to be happy. That was a lie."

      "My sister was one of the most important people to me; ever since my parents passed I had tried my hardest to make sure that she would be happy. She was never happy, she always wanted more. Everything I had done for her was only ever for her, I didn't need anything, I had my love. She was all that I would ever need to be happy."

      Jasmine's hands began to shake, and not before too long her whole body shook with emotion. It was only a matter of time until the tears that shone in her eyes fell.