Secrets and Introducing Elizabeth (8)

Dedicated to Lucykieran for the amazing banner ------------>>>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secrets and Introducing Elizabeth

      “What the-” I yelped as we pulled up to what can only be described as the largest and grandest school I have ever...no has EVER existed!
      60 foot Iron gates opened us to the school. The school, in speaking, was what you would call a fairy tale mansion. Its grey brick walls held the building’s structure in a beautiful array of architecture. The School seemed to take up, I’m presuming, six archers of land.
      From the view the Porsche gave me, I could count (ish) at least a thousand plus windows, some of which may be classrooms or even dormitories.

      The landscape was also breathtaking. Flowers of every colour, picket fences splitting off different areas, some with vegetable gardens, and others even had horses grazing on the freshly green grass.

      “Beautiful isn’t it?” Rick said, taking the cars out of the Porsche. I hadn’t even realized we’d stopped. “You can enjoy the view at lunch today with your roommate Elizabeth Parton. She’s been the only one who has never had a roommate” He smiled solemnly “She’s been excited for your arrival for a long time. She’s a Vision Seeker you see, but unlike you she sees the future not the past. She saw your arrival before we even knew about it and has been preparing your room for months.” He said nonchalantly as he stepped out of the car.

      My jaw dropped.

      How could he know about my visions? I mean, only my friends, Cecilia and them. How could Rick, a complete stranger, know my deepest secret?
      “Ah...” Rick said, dragging my attention back and making me jump out of the chair to stare at him, my eyes demanding answers.

      Chuckling anxiously he continued “Sorry Abi, I tend to babble a bit, I wasn’t suppose to tell you anything yet. But I guess, seeing as I must have already given it away, I better tell you.”
      He motioned for me to follow him, and using my better judgement of wanting to know what the Frick is happening, I followed.

      Walking towards the old wooden doors, Rick began to tell me...the truth about Prestige High.

      “Since the beginning of time stories have been passed down through families of the mythical and the supernatural. But what those people never knew was how close to reality their stories truly were. At this school.....we protect them. And teach them the laws of society.”
      Sneaking a peak at me to make sure I wasn’t freaking out, which internally.....I sorta was, and then he continued. “The books you may read today, for example...err...Harry Potter, Twilight, Hush Hush, Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye, Wolves of Mercy Falls...all those sort of things. Well, all of it is dead on. Vampires, Wizards and Witches, Angels, Vision Seekers, Werewolves, etc.....they all exist. And at this school we teach them how to control themselves, how to learn and live normal lives, and how to discover their human side in a way. But with you....”
      He stopped outside a room labelled 144B and looked me dead in the eye.

      “With you I know the reason you are really here. You don’t need help to keep yourself at bay. You were sent here for being a disgrace which I know you are not. But here....you will learn something new about yourself. A new gift. And I know you know it too.”
      I stared at him. Puzzled and confused by what he meant, and even scared by the thought of a new gift. I could even feel my heart beat drop from the fear.
      Rick smiled softly and put a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring squeeze. “This is your dorm room” He said softly, “Elizabeth is waiting for you, I can hear her thoughts screaming in my head. Be prepared for an ambush.”
      Confused at what he meant I tilted my head to the side, and was responded with a soft chuckle from Rick as he tapped his head. “Mind reader.”
      And with that, he left. Leaving me dazed and confused. It took me a while to snap back to reality.