The Werewolf and the Psychic (12)

      This week seemed to go so slow; forever seemed inevitable. It was as if the world wanted to ruin my life because I was happy.

      It was Tuesday’s 4th period Math, I lay with my head on the desk as Miss Stevenstien (Weird name right?) explained Pythagoras and trigonometry to the class.

     I was so zonked out in a daze that it even took me a while to realize that someone was trying to pass me a note. Looking up I saw Stacey the head cheerleader glaring at me with the note in her hand.

      Glaring back I snatched the note from her hand and opened it, to find something that was very much unexpected. Looking at the scrawl of words I read:

      “I hear you are having a party this Saturday, is this true?” it was signed by an EM, but there was nothing else on it.

      Not seeing any point in denying I replied “Yeah, and? It’s invitation only EM, so deal with it.” Folding the note back up I passed it to Stacey who began the long trail to whoever sent it to me. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to follow it all the way as I lost it half way through.

      It didn’t take long for the person to respond back as I found the note on my book in under a minute.

      Opening it I read:

      “I knew it would be, but I was wondering if I could come, I want to get to know you and your friends better. I would have asked face-to-face but miss popular bitch already has it out for me.” It was again signed as EM.

      Frowning softly I felt bad for this EM person I quickly replied to the note.

      L I’m sorry to hear that, I hope you can come then. It’s Saturday at 2 and it finishes at 9. My dorm room. If you don’t know where that is ask Rick, he’ll know what you mean if you ask himJ

      Sending the note on, I watched the note be passed down. This time I found it easier to follow the note being passed along the class.

      I swear it looped around a few times, the kids must have forgotten where it is supposed to go.

      But eventually it got to EM.

      When it did, my jaw dropped wide. There holding the note with a small smile on her face sat Eliza McCain (Yeah I’d found out her last name after the crash land).

      “Eliza!” I whispered, causing both Lizzie and Eliza to turn my way. Blushing slightly I turned to Lizzie who looked quite happy with herself, which was weird seeing as I knew she knew what was going on.

      Turning back to Eliza I was shocked to see she was still smiling, and even had a mini heart attack when she waved at me.

      “Abi, calm down, OK? Eliza a nice girl, she’s just hung up on Jasmine. Most of the girls here are, whether they have boyfriends or girlfriends or not. So don’t say anything mean about her, OK? And not just because she can hear us.” Lizzie scolded, smiling shyly.

      It’s odd how Lizzie seems to have changed her behaviour. She’s never really said anything nice and smiled about anyone outside of the group; of course she had no reason too.

      Lizzie must have known what I was getting at (most likely saw me asking in the future) and put a finger to her lips.

      Nodding at her, I wrote a short note to her.