QE: 10 [Merlin]

"Couldn't use what?" Merlin asked, Entering the kitchen, only able to hear the last thing King said.

"The pillow." King sighed, sitting on one of the chairs as Ban served him a cup of coffee, Merlin did the same.

"So, any progress?" Ban asked, giving her coffee.

"I tried to look as hard as I Could last night. After breakfast, I'll continue."

"Aright." Meliodas nodded, Merlin sighed.

"We cant loose her too." Merlin looked at Meliodas, Meliodas had his head down.

Merlin has been a royal mage for a long amount time for the Liones' and the other previous rulers.

She was taken as a mage when the Kingdom's success continued for the 2nd year, when Elizabeth's great grand parents ruled.

She was an immortal mage, she didn't age at all.

As a royal mage, she had to do things to serve her kingdom, like healing and make up potions along with research.

She's seen people come and go because of old age and some because of her inability to cure them.

Merlin was pushed to her unmost level of capacity at one point. It was when Elizabeth's mother, Caroline, was extremely sick.

Elizabeth was young back then, she didnt know what was happening but she knew that her mother was sick and she believed that Merlin could cure her.

"What!? You cant heal her?" Queen Caroline's father, Carol, yelled at Merlin.

'"I'm sorry, I'll try harder." It was the only thing Merlin could say.

She did try her best, she looked for all the potions and spells to try to ease the queen's pain.

During her time of stress, her relief was a boy and a girl. The princess of the kingdom and a prince from another kingdom.

"Merlin! You can do it!" Elizabeth cheered, Merlin always smiled when she saw the smile on Elizabeth's face.

"Yeah! You can do it!" Arthur, Elizabeth's friend cheered as well.

" I know you can cure mommy!" Elizabeth smiled, Merlin saw her vibrant smile and got the motivation to look harder for the cure to her mother.

"I'll try my best, princess."

All Merlin's hardwork, her research, her spells, all her practices and such could have succeded, if she had more time.

The time that she had completed the cure, the queen had passed away.

Merlin entered the queen's room, everyone was there.

The queen's father saw her, his eyes grew wide, "You!"

"Y-yes?" Merlin stuttered, "You couldn't cure her!"

"You useless mage!" he spat, Merlin was taken aback.

"You-" Carol got cut off by a little girl crying.

"Merlin tried her best!" Elizabeth yelled, with tears streaming down her face.

"Mommy told me that even though she fails, atleast she tried!" Elizabeth yelled, again. Merlin looked at Elizabeth in shock.

Silence covered the room, Elizabeth simply grabbed her dress as  the person behind her pat her back.

"Sir, I think you should go, we'll handle things here." Baltra put his hand on Carol's shoulder. Carol exhlaed, "alright."

When the service and the burial were finsihed, Merlin couldnt stop thinking about being  failure.

She couldnt heal the best queen there was. She doubted her skills.

Only Elizabeth made her feel better win her condition. but even though, merlin couldnt hel but blame herself that Elizabeth Didnt have a mother anymore.

"Merlin, it's okay.." Elizabeth always told her. The little girl who made her feel better. The little girl was like a child to her, she wanted to protect Elizabeth.

All her sadness and grief turned into inpiration to protect the girl and be the best royal mage there was for the kingdom, and once she becomes queen, she'll do anything for her.

But her worst fears had been realized, Elizabeth was sick. very sick, her small body was heating up and Merlin couldnt think straight.

"What should I do?" Merlin mumbled to herself, staring at Elizabeth's body on her bed.

She suddenly felt a hand hold hers, "Merlin, I know you can do it. I'm strong, you'll have time."

Merlin couldn't help but feel happy yet sad, she nodded and went to her room and made an antidote for the little girl.

This time, she wasnt late at all, she made Elizabeth drink her anditode that she created in solid 3 hours and Elizabeth felt beter the next day.

"I told you, you could do it!" Elizabeth smiled, hugging Merlin.

"Thank you, Princess, for not giving up on me."

"Of course! You're the best mage ever!"

"None of us want to loose her, correct?" Merlin asked, everyone nodded.

"Then I'll be taking this." Merlin took her cup of coffee and went straight to her room.

"I have to finish my research today and to the potion or spell tomorrow" Merlin told herself, determined to finish the cure soon as poosible to preevent another death caused by her

"We wont loose another queen, I promise."

×××

Sorry if it seems a bit rushed :3

But hey, Meliodas' is next. Stay tuned 😂