QE: 23

After a week of recovering and things going back to normal, everybody resumed to their usual schedules. 

Within that week, King had the courage to confess to Diane. Diane already knew but she gave King a chance and accepted his feelings almost immediately and returned it with a kiss. 

Meliodas and Elizabeth also made it look like nothing ever happened that night, but to them, it was a special night. Of course, Ban had to tell Meliodas what he saw, he wouldn't let Meliodas live it down. Ban brought it up a lot and Meliodas would end up punching Ban. 

"Hey Meliodas," King spoke as everyone was eating breakfast one morning the next week. Meliodas rose his brow, "Can you help me and Diane with our work later? Would that be alright, my queen?"

"Of course." Elizabeth nodded, "Would you like to go around the town today? Ban will accompany you." Meliodas asked.

"Well," Elizabeth wanted to, but she didn't know if Ban would be willing to go with her. "I'll go~" Ban disturbed her thoughts. "Are you sure?" Elizabeth asked, Ban nodded, smiling. For some reason, Elizabeth felt like something good was going to happen.

After Breakfast, everybody went to work. Elizabeth helped Ban do the dishes, "My queen, you aren't supposed to be washing the dishes." 

"I don't care." Elizabeth giggled, rinsing the plates and stacking them. Ban just sighed and continued washing.

When they were done, they went to the town. Everybody was in a good mood, Elizabeth noticed this. "Is there something I missed?" Elizabeth asked Ban, Ban rose his brow. "What do you mean?"

"Everybody's... happier than usual." Elizabeth answered, Ban chuckled, "Aren't they always?"

"Yes, but-" She was cut off by children surrounding her. "Oh, hello!" Elizabeth smiled, her attention turning to the children seeking attention. she crouched down and started to talk to them. 

As the children were talking to Elizabeth, She hadn't realized that Ban had disappeared. Once Elizabeth noticed, "Ban?" She called, she looked around, none. 

"Excuse me children, but have you seen my companion?" She asked the children, they all shook their heads.

Elizabeth then stood up, "Um.. Queen Elizabeth?" One of the children, a little girl asked, "Yes?" Elizabeth asked, "My mother is calling me, would you like to come with me? She makes really beautiful jewelry!" 

"Sure." Elizabeth agreed and waved goodbye to the other children as they dispersed and went separate ways. Before Elizabeth could even wonder why they did so, the little girl tugged her dress and they stopped at a jewelry shop. 

"Good morning Queen Elizabeth!" The little girl's grandmother greeted, "Aunt Janice! So good to see you, I almost forgot you had a jewelry shop!" Elizabeth then started to explore. 

"Oh yes, I remember when you helped me pick up gems before." Janice chuckled, "So do I, I missed that." Elizabeth turned her head and looked at Janice with a smile. 

"Rose quarts." Janice said in breathy tone, making a small smile. "It was my favorite." Elizabeth remembered when she was the one to pick gems, she would go for a rose quarts. 

"You didn't even know why you liked that particular gem." Janice laughed and so did Elizabeth, "I never knew why, did I?" Janice only nodded, smiling. "Maybe someday, someone will tell you what it means." 

Elizabeth then realized that she had to look for Ban, "Oh, I'm sorry but I have to go. I have to go look for Ban." 

"Of course." Janice waved goodbye and so did Elizabeth, When she opened the door, she saw a trail of pink flower petals.

Curiosity took over Elizabeth and she followed the flowers. It led her to a flower shop, Elizabeth entered the shop to be greeted by an old lady by the counter. "Hello Queen Elizabeth!"

"Hello." Elizabeth greeted the lady with a smile and looked around the beautiful flowers all over the place. Different colors and different types of flowers. Everything was absolutely beautiful. 

However, the "See anything you like?" The lady asked, Elizabeth looked at the flowers that surrounded her. "They're all so pretty." 

The lady chuckled, "Well, is there a flower that mean something to you? Something you get reminded of?" 

Elizabeth looked around, her eyes landed on something red. She went near it, it was a dark red carnation. 

"Ah, the Red Carnation." The lady went near Elizabeth, "Deep Love and Affection."

Elizabeth couldn't get her eyes off of the flower. It was beautiful, even with the simplicity of the flower. The old lady smiled and walked back to the counter, she saw someone by the door. "Queen Elizabeth, Sir King is here."

Elizabeth looked back to see King by the door, "My Queen, why are you here?" 

"I came to look for Ban and I saw a path and it led me here." Elizabeth explained, "Path? There isn't a path outside though." King looked back outside to see nothing.

"What?" Elizabeth wet outside, what King was was true. There was no path. "Anyway, did you see anything you like?" King asked, Elizabeth looked at him. "Well, yes." Her eyes then averted to the red carnations. 

King only nodded to the information he had gathered, "I'll help you look for Ban, if you'd like." King offered.

"But aren't you supposed to go all over town today? with Meliodas and Diane?" Elizabeth asked, "Yes, but we've split up to do more. This is my last place." King walked to the counter and started to talk to the old lady. Elizabeth just looked at King as he was asking if there were anything suspicious going on. 

When that was done, King went next to Elizabeth. "Shall we?" Elizabeth nodded and both of them waved at the old lady. 

King then led Elizabeth back to the castle, "Wait, why are we coming back?" 

"Ban might be back at the castle." King answered, Elizabeth wanted to ask more questions, but she decided to keep her mouth shut. 

When they arrived, King dragged Elizabeth at the door that opened to the courtyard. "Please wait here." 

Elizabeth just nodded and King slightly opened the door for him to fit in and he closed it. Elizabeth was left with silence for a few minutes until someone knocked on the door. To her, it was a signal for her to open it, so she did.

When she opened the door, The courtyard was filled with flowers. Red Carnation petals scattered all over the grounds. At the center of the courtyard stood Meliodas, Elizabeth didn't know what was happening but she walked forward towards him.

She looked around, No one seemed to be there. Except Meliodas, who was smiling as she walked to the middle. 

When she stopped in front of him, Meliodas grinned. Elizabeth was confused, "What's all of this?" 

Meliodas didn't answer, instead, he cleared his throat and held Elizabeth's hand. "My lady, I have loved you for the longest years. Here, I take all of my courage to ask you this one important question." 

He then went down on one knee, and brought out a box and opened it, There lies a beautiful ring with a small Rose quartz gem at the middle. "Will you marry me?"

Elizabeth gasped in shock, making her cover her mouth with tears threatening to come out. The scenery was simple yet romantic, it made Elizabeth's heart skip a beat for a moment. Elizabeth didn't need to think about it, she already knew the answer. 

"Yes!" Elizabeth exclaimed, immediately hugging Meliodas once he stood up. They then heard applause. Merlin, King, Ban and Diane came out of the shadows with big smiles. 

~~~

Hola~! Welp, here goes another chapter and a step closer to the end of the book :<