QE: 12

hi guys! sorry if it took too long, but here's a chapter! 

 ×××  

After a while of going around the town, Meliodas and Ban went back to the Castle. They went back to the kitchen because Ban had to prepare something. 

"Is she going to eat breakfast?" Ban asked as he chopped a few vegetables on the counter.

"I don't know, let's give it a shot. She must be starving," Meliodas nodded. When Ban was done, Meliodas held the tray as they walked to Elizabeth's room. 

She was quiet on her bed, she still had marks on her body, she still had a hard time breathing but she wasn't screaming anymore.

"My queen, It's time to eat." Meliodas announced softly near Elizabeth's ear. 

Elizabeth flinched, her eyes were closed, she moved her hands a little, until she fully moved them. Her hands landed on two arms, she held unto them. 

"Meliodas?" She asked in a raspy voice, Meliodas' eyes dilated for a second and looked at Ban, who's eye were the same, both of them were surprised.

"My lady! Are you okay? What hurts? Please open your eyes." Meliodas held her hands, Elizabeth smiled a little.

"Caring as always." 

"I.. am unable to open my eyes.. Everything hurts Meliodas.. Everything hurts.." Elizabeth started crying, The pain that she had been though for the whole night. 

Meliodas, out of instinct, immediately hugged the queen. "It's going to be okay, I promise my lady."

As Elizabeth's crying died down, Meliodas waited until she was fully ready to eat. "My lady, would you like to eat? Ban prepared something for you."

"I'm right here, my queen~"Ban chuckled, finally speaking up. e made a face at Meliodas and Meliodas just gave him a confused look.

"Ban." Elizabeth smiled, She felt  a tray on her lap. Her hands found the spoon and fork and she ate. After the excruciating pain she'd been though, she was tired and hungry. 

Meliodas put his hand on her head, "You're still burning up, my queen." Elizabeth only nodded. 

Meliodas nudged his head towards the door at Ba, It was a sign to tell Merlin that Elizabeth was eating and was conscious.

Ban smirked and nodded, he went out to tell Merlin everything. While they waited, Elizabeth started to speak, "how's the Kingdom?" 

"My queen, you're sick, you need rest. The kingdom is the least of your problems at the moment." Meliodas answered worriedly. 

"But.. no one will take care of them.." Elizabeth said quietly, Meliodas held her hand again. "Don't worry my lady, I'm here to take care of everything."

"Thank you, Meliodas." Elizabeth started to smile, Meliodas smiled back.

The door opened, Merlin looked like she just went all around the castle just go get to the queen's room along with Ban.

"My queen!" Merlin exclaimed, Elizabeth turned her head towards Merlin. "Merlin.."

Merlin touched Elizabeth's head and neck. "Oh, you really are burning up." Merlin took something from her pocket, it was a bottle of pills. "These are pills for your fever, we can start curing you with trying to get rid of your high fever." 

"Meliodas, She needs to take this every 2 hours, If she doesn't she'll have her fever up again." Merlin told Meliodas and tossed him the bottle. 

Merlin walked towards Meliodas and bent down and whispered, "She might suddenly get a rush of pain go though her body. Meliodas, this is just the first stage. The poison in her body has stages, and all I have completed within the night and just this morning is that her fever has to go down for us to completely heal her, got it?"

Meliodas nodded sternly, "I need you to be with her if she suddenly screams in pain. Just hold her hand, and don't loose your composure. I see it wearing thin."

Meliodas merely smirked, Merlin left the room. Ban took a chair, Meliodas did too. "We'll be in here for a while." 

"Why don't you sleep, my queen?" Meliodas suggested soothingly. Elizabeth shook her head slowly, "No, I want to be with you." 

Meliodas could slightly feel the heat from his neck. Ban gave him a huge evil grin, "should I leave the two of you?" 

"W-wait, what?" Elizabeth stammered, she immediately regretted what she said. "Stay! Ban." Elizabeth could feel the blush on her cheeks.

"Alrighty~" 

A scream of pain

×××  

hello~ Valentines is coming up and I have an announcement.

I have a NnT book for Valentines, I'll publish it once I get the cover done! :3