Chapter 17: We Did It

We won Sectionals. That was such a great feeling (even though I only did half of the performance).

I walk into the choir room and I see everyone already here, except for Quinn.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Take a seat Emily," Mr Shue said.

There is a chair at the front of the classroom. I sit there.

"Okay, what's going on?" I ask.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were having some...problems?" Kitty asks. My eyes widen.

"Wh-What problems?" I said.

"That you can hear voices and stuff," Lucas said. My eyes start to tear up.

"Did you tell everyone? Because if you did..." I stop myself from finishing my sentence. I look at the ground.

"I did," Mr Shue said.

"Why?"

"You need people to support you Emily." I then start to cry.

"I kn-know. I n-need help." Then, everyone walks over to me and they hug me (like a hug group hug).

"It's going to be okay Gracie," Jake said. I wipe away the tears and I fake smile. Everyone then returns to their seats. I walk over to Jake and I sit next to him.

"Where's Quinn?" I ask.

"She is going to join in later," Mr Shue said. "Now, for this week's assignment, you will need a little bit of help." Then, all of the Glee Club graduates walk in. I jump out of my chair and I hug Artie.

"Artie! I can't believe your here!" I said and I hug him tighter. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," he said. I stand up and I see Rachel at the door. I smile.

"Rachel!" She looks at me and I run over to her. I hug her.

"Oh my gosh, it's you Emily," she said with happiness. I hug her tighter. I then let go of her and I return to my seat.

"Now, this week's assignment is..." Mr Shue walks over to the board and he writes something. He backs away and I see that he wrote 'Blast From The Past'. "This week, these Glee Club graduates are going to perform songs for you. Now, they can choose to get you to help them sing the song with them as well. SO, who wants to go up first?"

"We will Mr Shue," Quinn said while she enters the room and she whispers something in Artie's ear. They go to the front of the class. "We sang this song when I was a Senior and Artie was a Junior. Back then, I was in a wheelchair. The only person that understood what I was going through it and was capable of helping me was Artie. So Artie, I dedicate this song to you." The music then starts playing.

Quinn:

You could never know what it's like

Your blood like a winter freezes just like ice

And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you

You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

Artie:

And did you think this fool could never win

Well look at me, I'mma coming back again

I got a taste of love in a simple way

But if you need to know while I'm still standing

Artie with New Directions:

You just fade away

Quinn and Artie with New Directions harmonizing: