Chapter 15: Nearly Time

Emily-Grace POV

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I walk into Glee Club with my brother, Jake. Today, I'm not wearing my Cheerios uniform.

I'm wearing a loose white singlet that has music notes on it, ripped black skinny jeans, and some black converse.

A few people look at me funny. Probably because I'm suppose to be in uniform.

Oh well.

"Hey, where's your uniform?" Haylee asks.

"It's at home," I said quietly. I look at the ground.

"Oh, okay. You don't seem like your normal self today. Is something wrong?" She asks.

"It's nothing. I'm just...tired," I said.

To tell you the truth, I am really tired. I barely got any sleep. I kept having nightmares. SO, I stayed up the whole night.

I take a seat next to Jake and I put my head on his shoulder. Quinn and Mr Shue walk in. I smile when I see Mr Shue.

I knew he was going to come back today since he came back yesterday and he was in Ms Pillsbury's office.

"Hi everyone. It's good to be back," he said with a smile. Everyone cheers. "I hope that Quinn has taken good care of you all." Some people cheer. Of course, I wasn't one of them. "So, are you ready for Sectionals?" We all cheer again.

"I've got some good news everyone," Quinn said. I roll my eyes. "I'm going to be one of the teachers for Glee. Isn't this exciting?" Everyone cheers, except me.

"What about Yale?" I ask.

"They let me have an extended break because I've been working really hard," she said.

Why is she lying? Can't anyone tell that she is lying?

"This is going to be great guys," Mr Shue said. The bell rings. I walk up to Quinn.

"Why are you lying?" I ask. She smiles.

"Lying about what?" She asks.

"That you got an 'extended break'," I said with a little smile. I then realise something. "You don't even go to Yale anymore, don't you?"

"You know what? It's none of your business Puckerman."

"Stop calling me that! I'm not like my brothers and I never will be." She smiles.

"Well, then I guess it's only a matter of time before you are a TRUE Puckerman." She then leaves the choir room. I stand there, frozen.

What if she's right? What if I become a 'true Puckerman'?

"Hey Gracie, are you okay?" Jake asks. I nod and I run over to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said and we walk to the cafeteria. I grab a tray and I hop in line.

"Hi Emily," Millie said. I smile.

"Hey Millie. You look different today," I said. She smiles.

"Well, I lost a bit of weight," she said. My mouth drops.

"Oh my gosh. How much?" I said excitedly.

"Just 18 pounds," she said. I smile.

"I'm so proud of you. You have actually made my day," I said and I walk over to the Glee Club table.

"Hey, where's your Cheerios uniform? Did Sue not want you on the team anymore?" I turn around and I see Lucas with Justin. Lucas stares at me. I look at the ground and I turn around.